MissNthYarra (was ALittleBitLeft)
I like to live dangerously... I often don't charge my phone until it's at 2%
I would describe myself as a creative, considerate, mildly unconventional, optimistic realist, with a left-of-centre view of the world, and an interest in design.
I prefer early mornings to late nights, think environmental & social issues are important, would rather remove a huntsman spider than squash it, and live by Tim Minchin's Canvas Bag Anthem (if you haven't heard it, check it out on Youtube). I love smart, curious people, and engaging conversation.
I enjoy going to the movies, usually art-house or foreign, sometimes Hollywood escapism with popcorn, or a boysenberry choctop; occasional wanderings through galleries; exploring the odd design or food market; tending my balcony garden; and walking, it's a good way to avoid traffic, & is environmentally friendly too.
Cooking for friends makes me happy, and usually them too! I come from a family of good cooks, and adventurous eaters. I love going to markets & restaurants when travelling, and discovering new flavours & ingredients. Although admittedly, the chicken cartilage skewers I had in Tokyo have not been added to my repertoire, all I can say is, the texture was interesting. Sometimes I dream of moving to the country to grow my own food, but really I'm a city girl at heart.
Life's been pretty good thus far, but one thing that would improve it (other than discovering I have an ageing, millionaire, spinster aunt), is meeting the right guy. Someone comfortable in himself, with similar social & political views, who values friends & family, and has his own interests as well as sharing a few of mine. A guy to still be laughing with, & sharing great conversations when we're in our 80s.
At a glance
|Summary||MissNthYarra's details||MissNthYarra's ideal partner|
|Age||36 years old||35 - 46 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne City, VIC||Within 50km of her|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Average, Slim|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Divorced, Single|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own, Undecided|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
Great conversation, a sense of humour & a great smile. Someone considerate & caring, with similar political & social values, who shares a few of my interests but also has their own.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- The Decemberists, Bach's Cello Suites, the Freelance Whales, Talking Heads, Alison Krauss, Max Richter, Florence & the Machine, Penguin Cafe, Joan as Police Woman, Kronos Quartet, Phoenix, Birds of Tokyo, Arcade Fire.
- Barbara Kingsolver's early works, Natsuo Kirino, The Constant Gardener, Non-Fiction with a science theme such as Stolen Future & Silent Spring, the occasional bit of Science Fiction. Unfortunately these days I don't manage to read as much as I'd like.
- Movies & TV
- Movies - Fargo, Drive, A Separation, Crazy Stupid Love, Garden State, Gattaca, Pillow Book, Werner Herzog Docos, Mon Oncle, The Loneliest Planet, The Other Son, Chasing Ice, Charlie's Country. TV - Mad Men, Nurse Jackie, Suits, Dr Who & Rake.
- Does walking count? To be honest, I'm not much of a sports' fan, although I have played a few seasons of Archisoccer (an after-work soccer league for Architects). If I had to declare my AFL team, it would be Geelong (my Dad would disown me otherwise).
- Other Interests
- Meeting up with friends to try a new restaurant or sharing a meal at an old favourite. Markets. Random creative pursuits, cooking, photography, sewing, dancing while washing the dishes...
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if MissNthYarra is online now.
- Get to know MissNthYarra safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 25 Jan '15