faber est quisquae suae fortunae
I run a boutique consultancy business in sales/marketing of high technology - services via the Internet, hardware, Internet, software, computers, telecommunications. Former architect, live on Sydney's lower north shore.
Passionate about sailing and messing around in boats generally. Nordic skiing is another special interest.
I tend to be most comfortable with people who are open minded, mature, educated, good conversationalists, hold liberal outlooks and shares my interest in the arts, and physical, non-competitive outdoorsy things like sailing, downhill and nordic skiing, bushwalking, camping, backpacker style international travel, and walking around exotic foreign towns and cities. Massage is becoming more important too me as a way coping with the pressures of age.
I keep myself reasonably fit with sailing, walking and cycling. Most comfortable in smart casual active wear clothes, usually sourced from Kathmandu, Snowgum or Rohan. But occasionally my work requires me to dress formally for customer interactions.
Current work project is keeping me busy designing the business processes, databases and web site for a tutor booking service in the education sector. Meanwhile I also do volunteer marine rescue work at weekends, which is just another excuse for more "messing about in boats", like Mr Toad in "Wind in the Willows".
Musically my tastes are very catholic: INXS, Crowded House, Van Morrison, celtic, gregorian chants, G&S, Elvis Costello, Peggy Lee, John Williamson, Ravel, George Melly, Red Gum, Gipsy Kings, Paul Simon, Spandau Ballet, Steel Eye Span, Carmena Burana.
At a glance
|Summary||Awaba's details||Awaba's ideal partner|
|Age||61 years old||60 - 65 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - City, NSW||within 10km of Mosman 2088|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Sales / Marketing|
|Job role||Business Owner|
What I'm looking for
Adventurous, flexible, intelligent, good company, stimulating, active mind, creative, outdoorsy, tolerant, open minded, with a social conscience. Just as comfortable roughing it on a small yacht or motorbike, camping, skiing, bushwalking, as staying in good hotel and traveling first class!
- Female, for friendship or companionship
- Extremely catholic tastes: INXS, Crowded House, Van Morrison, celtic, gregorian chants, G&S, Elvis Costello, Peggy Lee, John Williamson, Ravel, George Melly, Red Gum, Gipsy Kings, Paul Simon, Spandau Ballet, Steel Eye Span, Carmena Burana,
- Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, P D James, Smiley series, Sydney Morning Herald on weekend, AFR occassionally, The Guardian when in UK.
- Movies & TV
- ABC and SBS radio + tv in Oz, or BBC radio + tv when in UK. The Kings Speach, anything that Meryl Streep is starring in...
- Not really into competitive sports. But love sailing and messing about in boats, cross country skiing, downhill skiing
- Other Interests
- Motor bikes, cycling for exercise, Six Sigma, personality profiling, people networking, architecture, local history, maritime history, industrial archeology, raptor birds, geneology, massage
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Awaba is online now.
- Get to know Awaba safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 22 May '13