One thing doesn't change, life is an adventure, embrace it, challenge it, just get on board with me and have a go.
Having reached the half century do I look back and see where I have been or do I carry on forward for the next 50 years. I like to think I'm going to drag myself kicking and screaming to that big 100 and having a few adventures on the way. If I do look back I see that I have already had an adventurous life, I have two great kids well ones an adult (where did that time go) which has been the biggest adventure. I have also squeezed in some smaller ones, surviving a close encounter with a giant anaconda in the Amazon, staring down a heyena in Africa and surviving Cherynoble go figure.
Friends describe me as loyal and dependable probably to do with the fact that I have remained in my two jobs whilst climbing the promotion ladder in both for 30 odd years, but this doesn't mean I'm a workaholic it just means I'm good at what I do.
So how will I see myself at my 100th same as my 51st, content, healthy and happy and guaranteed to still have a full head of hair, gottat be happy with that.
What I still want to do is share the next 50 years with someone who can make me laugh, teach me new things, expand my horizons. I am keen to take up new challenges and help my kids to expand their knowledge and experiences.
My job entails me to actively listen, decide and then act whilst at the same time needing to respect the other persons position and what they are trying to achieve, being able to negotiate is a valuable tool that helps in both the work environment and my social environment.
I have integrity which sounds a bit old fashion but it is still important in what I believe makes a successful relationship. Tried not to end on a serious bit but hey whatever!
At a glance
|Summary||BEN417's details||BEN417's ideal partner|
|Age||51 years old||40 - 52 yrs old|
|Location||Adelaide, SA||Adelaide, SA|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, Slim|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'3/160 cm - 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Separated||Single, Separated, Widowed, Divorced|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Capricorn Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Some college|
|Industry||Education / Science|
What I'm looking for
Someone who loves life doesn't fear a challenge which doesn't mean lets go bungy jumping. Honesty and integrity goes without saying. Ability to always be able to put on a smile and have a laugh. Able to hold a conversation and have input. Be able to genuinely show affection and compassion.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- 60's 70's 80's and what ever is on the radio at the time
- When I get time which is not often but when I do it's not a couple of pages I'll read 50-100. Trying to get through the Jack Reacher series at the moment.
- Movies & TV
- Like most movies prefer the escapism genre but then again two of my favourite movies are Love Actually and 4 Weddings and a Funeral
- Yes I take my daughter to the Crows! Enjoy watching most sports, enjoy riding going to the gym most mornings.
- Other Interests
- Most outdoor pursuits, walking, diving, skiing (snow), camping, 4WD but no fishing. Jamie Oliver and me are best mates when it comes to cooking.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if BEN417 is online now.
- Get to know BEN417 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 23 May '13