Dating cliches have ruined long moonlit walks on the beach for the rest of us :(
Just going to put it out there; I'm a bit weird. By all reports it's not the bad sort of weird so I'm generally accepting of it. My sense of humour is a dark and often wildly inappropriate beast, but I'm well behaved in company and hold no fear of meeting anyone's mum.
I love to laugh and I do tend to get unduly excited about silly things, but long and deep conversation is something I will never tire of.
I am an affectionate and hopelessly romantic soul, and I'm glad I'm one of the few people in the world who still believe in chivalry and manners. (This is occasionally overridden by a regular need to stir the pot and make inappropriate jokes)
I'm an F&B freak, and madly passionate about all things food and beverage. I love to cook (I'll happily spend hours in the kitchen smashing out a 4 course meal for the house for no other reason than I want to!), and I would, without hesitation, run into a burning building to save a particularly good bottle of Grenache.
The flip side is that working around high end food and upscale service means that the rest of the time I'm a thoroughly laid back (but not lazy) individual, I spend a lot of time at the beach or relaxing in my hammock with a good book. Socially I'm a big fan of Sunday arvo beer gardens and any kind of live music.
Apart from that I'm a very chilled out individual who will happily try anything and loves travelling, learning new things and meeting new people.
All of my world travel (so far) has been a solo affair and I would love to meet someone with whom I could see more of the world. This planet is far too big and exciting a place to stay in one place!
At a glance
|Summary||Barefootfoodie's details||Barefootfoodie's ideal partner|
|Age||31 years old||24 - 32 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - North, NSW|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially, Trying to quit|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Gemini Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Industry||Hospitality / Tourism / Travel|
What I'm looking for
I can't describe my ideal partner, as we haven't met yet! I honestly just want to meet someone amazing :) She will hopefully be intelligent, playful, romantic, love a laugh, have an appreciation for good food & wine...and a high tolerance for her boyfriend occasionally being a child
- Male or Female, for friendship
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Love it. Everything from hip hop to opera to psytrance and beyond. I'm a bit of a singer but I try to keep it down.
- Pretty much anything. Life without a good book would be a woefull place.
- Movies & TV
- I enjoy the cinema and have no issue curling up with a movie on occasion but i have no interest whatsoever in television. I haven't owned a TV for 5 years and don't plan on getting one
- Not really into organised sports but I'm always out and about, spend heaps of time at the beach and love snorkelling and scuba diving. And I'm a mad keen skiier, whenever time and money permit
- Other Interests
- Love a bit of Bikrams yoga and Photography, but open to any fun new things that may happen along :)
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Barefootfoodie is online now.
- Get to know Barefootfoodie safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 17 Apr '14