Life is constantly changing, for better or worse, but that's what keeps it interesting!
It's ironic that when I go back to the US, my fellow Americans tell me I have an Aussie accent, when I'm quite confident that no self-respecting Aussie would agree! But I guess after having lived in Germany for 4 years and in Australia now for nearly 9 years, I've probably lost some of that American twang..
Growing up in the American midwest, I never would have imagined that I'd be living in Australia one day (although at least I knew where Australia was on the map, which was a start...)! But I love living here, and I admit to still getting a bit of thrill when I'm on the Manly ferry or even crossing the Harbour Bridge on my way to work. I love doing all that Sydney has to offer - beaches, walks along the harbour, afternoon drinks by the water, the list goes on.
And while I adore my friends/family and am happy with my own company, it'd be nice to have someone with whom to share those sorts of experiences.
I have two adorable children (I might be just a bit biased..), and I love being a mum. But it definitely doesn't define me. I'm not looking for someone to become a father figure to my kids or even to meet my kids straight away, but rather someone with whom to laugh about a funny thing that happened that day, share a bottle of wine, or take off on a weekend to the Hunter.
At a glance
|Summary||BecomingWise's details||BecomingWise's ideal partner|
|Age||40 years old||37 - 47 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Northern Beaches, NSW||Within 25km of her|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||at least 5'8/172 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Widowed, Separated, Single, Divorced|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children living at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Job role||Senior Management|
What I'm looking for
There definitely needs to be chemistry - if that's missing, I don't think a relationship can even really begin. I don't have any specific requirements - I think it's pretty apparent early on whether there is that elusive "something" there or not...
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I'm terrible about knowing who sings what, but there are some which I know that I like... Kings of Leon, Nickelback, Fergie/Black Eyed Peas, David Gray, etc.. Depending on the mood, I also sometimes like classical as well.
- I don't have heaps of time to read, but I've just received a Kindle so hopefully that will change...
- Movies & TV
- I don't watch much tv but love Game of Thrones.
- I could say that I'm sporty, but my friends would probably laugh and say that's a lie. But I do keep active and especially enjoy being outside on a beautiful day.
- Other Interests
- Travelling - I loved living in Europe and being able to go to France for the day. My to-do list definitely includes seeing more of Australia, particularly WA and the NT. Enjoying good food and wine with mates at a restaurant on the water.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if BecomingWise is online now.
- Get to know BecomingWise safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 28 Jul '14