"The very essence of romance is uncertainty." - Oscar Wilde
Hey sweety, thanks for reading my profile. I'm flattered.
I'm an intelligent, caring, warm, emotionally-connected guy. Okay, I can also be cheeky, funny and even a bit ridiculous.
I have two beautiful children, who are the core of my life, but my love of little people cannot replace a real committed relationship with an amazing woman.
I'm of slim build. I ride my bike and do my push-ups. I read a lot: Michael Ondaatje and Salman Rushdie feature as faves. I also read a lot of non-fiction, politics, bios, history and science.
I have an ongoing passion for the arts. My music tastes are mostly indie and alternative - but can anyone really go past Adele without shedding a tear?
Sexually, I'm very open. I love being a heterosexual man, but I also love playing with gender in terms of clothes and sexual expression. I also love exploring my own sexual kinks, and of course those of others.
Politically, I'm lower-case green, left of centre and a humanist. I agree with Marx's materialist dialectic, but government-regulated capitalism is best at serving an egalitarian society. I work hard at keeping my footprint as green as possible, and I love leaving the car behind.
I was raised orthodox Jewish, but I couldn't rationalise an intervening God, so I stopped praying. I'm proud to be a Jew (all those cakes, all those jokes), but I subscribe more to Buddhist philosophy, and I believe that what's important above all is love and compassion.
I work in communications, marketing and IT, but always for organisations that work hard to give something back to the community.
And now, as I finish this sentence, I'm looking for a woman of strength, integrity and passion with whom I can share my love, my life, my heart.
That got way too heavy. Time to eat cake.
At a glance
|Summary||BicycleBoy's details||BicycleBoy's ideal partner|
|Age||43 years old||35 - 47 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne City, VIC||Within 50km of his|
|Body type||Slim||Athletic, Slim, A bit overweight, Average|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Separated||Separated, Widowed, Single, Divorced|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home|
|Wants children||Undecided||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine, Want (more) children of my own, Undecided, Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours|
|Ethnic/cultural background||South European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, Swinging voter, No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Sagittarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Industry||Advertising / PR / Media|
What I'm looking for
My beautiful women knows what she wants, and she yearns to share it with a like-minded man. Ideally, we're partners for life, but in our private intimacy, she's my Goddess, even my domme.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Mostly indie - including REM, U2, Beth Orton, most Brit Pop, European industrial and minimal electronica, Neil Young, Philip Glass, St Vincent, Antony and the Johnsons, Fiona Apple, Kristin Hersh, Eno (both), Cat Power, Beck, Pixies, Placebo, Nick Cave, John Coltrane, Adele and Bjork.
- Salman Rushdie and Michael Ondaatje well up there. I'm currently working my way through Dickens and the Tina Fey bio. Magazine-wise, I subscribe to Time. For news, it's ABC and The Age.
- Movies & TV
- Top movies: Chaplin's 'City Lights', 'The Artist', 'Inception' and 'Samson and Delilah' (I like being challenged) TV: Loved Star Trek Next Gen and Voyager, Black Books, Father Ted, Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh, United States of Tara, Life on Mars, Doctor Who, anything David Attenborough
- My six-year-old son has dragged me into the world of AFL. A strange thing.
- Other Interests
- Cooking, hiking, reading, cinema, galleries, swimming, chocolate, a little booze. I crave intellectual conversation.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if BicycleBoy is online now.
- Get to know BicycleBoy safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 05 May '14