Enjoy outdoors, bushwalking, sport, travelling, gaining knowledge; looking after the environment. Also relaxing over a bottle of wine.
I am a young 67, officially retired but until recently working part time, also looking to see what else there is in life. Have enjoyed some travelling, including 7 weeks touring in South America in 2007 and 10 weeks in Europe in 2011. The Inca history is stunning. Cusco is one of my favourite places. In 2011 I got to Iceland, amongst other places - loved it! Love to swim and ride bicycles; I enjoyed running, but it is getting a bit tougher. I don't watch sport very much - prefer to participate. I am involved with a couple of conservation activities. My 3 kids are married and independent; I have recently moved closer to them and now can spend more time with them. The occasional night at a pub or club is OK, but it doesn't appeal as a regular activity. I enjoy a BBQ in a backyard or in a sandy creekbed, with friends and a beer or wine. Now I have a very large backyard. My favourite food is yabbies. My 5 most positive characteristics? It is difficult to assess youself: caring, energetic, passionate (about some things), relaxed (about other things), an Australian sense of humour. I enjoy reading books that exercise my mind, but don't read as much as I would like. I love the warmth of female companionship, and that is what I am missing right now. I would like a companion with some similar interests and energy. I have met some women who look and don't touch. If you are like that I am not interested.
At a glance
|Summary||Brian1986's details||Brian1986's ideal partner|
|Age||67 years old||50 - 65 yrs old|
|Within 50km of his|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, A bit overweight, Average, Slim|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Divorced, Widowed, Separated, Single|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Religion||Atheist||Other Christian, Catholic, Atheist, Agnostic, Jewish, Anglican, Buddhist|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
I would like a person who is active and interested in staying that way, is interested in the world, has a warm nature and a good sense of humour, and likes to get out of town and into the bush or the beach. I find high heels and loads of make-up a turn-off.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I like a range of music styles: folk, world music, some new and old pop music, and some classical. I don't like real loud music. Music doesn't hurt your ears, noise hurts your ears. Recent favourites Leonard Cohen, Christie Moore, Joan Baez, Jackie Leven, Bruce Cockburn.
- I probably like non-fiction more than fiction, but some fiction has impressed me: Franz Kafka, Salmon Rushdie, John Steinbeck, Joseph Conrad. Tim Flannery is a favourite for non-fiction. Like reading the history of other cultures. Recently enjoyed books by Annie Proulx and Carolan's Concerto.
- Movies & TV
- I watch very few "action" movies, and avoid most "old-time" movies. I watch too much TV, almost all ABC and SBS. Enjoy many foreign language movies. Can't stand soapies, game shows, Big Brother, footy talk shows, watch very little football.
- Take part in swimming, mountain biking, running, sometimes competitive. Like to watch the Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Tour de France, occasional high level football events.
- Other Interests
- Science, politics, environment, travel, bushwalking, camping, could take up fishing again.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Brian1986 is online now.
- Get to know Brian1986 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: