CCbythesea (was Carey11)
Cheerful happy disposition seeks same...
My friends would describe me as confident, articulate, open minded, spontaneous, lively, caring, friendly, hand waving (that'd be my greek heritage), loyal, funny, a bit old fashioned.. and left of centre. I vary between extreme focus with lightning speed activity to a dreamy sloth-like state.
I love spending time with others, meeting new people but also v happy in my own space.... I really enjoy cinema (not *too* art house though) and Shakespeare in the Park, taking the pooches down the beach, exercising, going down south to the family holiday house, catching up with friends, reading, writing, art (creating and viewing)... I love to get all frocked up, and really enjoy the finer things in life. But then, I am also into slouching about without makeup, op-shopping, trawling through markets, repurposing, recycling and the slow-pace of rustic and simple old fashioned living. I am a bit all over the place, really... :)
I look after myself and live a healthy (but not obsessive) life. I have a young spirit and outlook on life.
I returned to Perth nearly 4 years ago to help my ailing parents after living in Melbourne for 10 years, and before that in Austria for 4 years. I've had wonderful jobs- teaching, directing community plays, proof reading books, ghost writing scientific books, organising press conferences and conventions, writing news releases, designing children's clothing, exhibiting my art. But, I am settled now here in Perth with my two girls as they start university and complete year 12 this year.
I'm looking for a mental and life connection, chemistry of course.. with that incredible "click" we all chase.. whether as a friend or partner.
I believe life is far too short to compromise or just "settle". And certainly too short to not be true to yoursel
At a glance
|Summary||CCbythesea's details||CCbythesea's ideal partner|
|Age||51 years old||46 - 53 yrs old|
|Location||Perth, WA||within 25km of Wembley Downs 6019|
|Body type||Average||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||at least 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Widowed, Divorced|
Yes, have children living at home
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Average, Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||South European|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aries Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||Yes, have pets, No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Some college, Diploma, Degree|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Job role||Business Owner|
What I'm looking for
A confident, friendly, creative person with a SOH that clicks, is social, looks after himself, is active with a healthy (but not obsessively so) lifestyle, someone who's not always in a rush, has time to spend with me but enjoys his own company/interests. All that and a best friend :)
- Male, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- Classical and contemporary music-- the whole range. And especially Eurovision! Vivaldi and Pachabel; 70s and 80's, John Mayer, Keith Urban, David Grey, Katie Melua, James Morrison, David Guetta... guitar/melody/lyric driven acoustic right up to dance music.
- I enjoy classics and nonfiction, but am always up for something that friends recommend... Usually read on holiday and obsessively zoom through anything available. In an OCD fit I recently read 4 books in 3 days.
- Movies & TV
- Comedies - Blackadder, Black Books, Big Bang Theory. Docs- esp historical. Eurovision (of course). The Voice. Beauty and the Geek (sorry). Staple movies -anything with Tom Hanks, Batman series, British period movies. Summer outdoor cinema with a group of friends and the indulgence of gold class..
- Swimming, gym and gym classes, walking the dogs... AFL, snow skiing, snorkeling... Really get into any of the televised swimming comps as well...
- Other Interests
- Art and galleries, painting, crafting, laughing, cooking, house renovations, op/market shopping, travel, writing, animals, learning new skills... not in that order..
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if CCbythesea is online now.
- Get to know CCbythesea safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 19 May '13