Only the mediocre are compatible with the majority - looking for something exceptional.
Not a Canberra local, I'm a rational, nocturnal, hedonistic, opinionated, sensual, sociable, empathetic, last-minute, brazen, brutally honest, travelled, spelling competent professional.
I like abstract ideas and words, have a social conscience, covet my own independent lifestyle and love to surround myself with interesting people.
You would, for preference, be an articulate, educated, emotionally intelligent guy who doesn't get his definition of 'irony' from Alanis Morissette (no matter how good that album was). EQ isn't incompatible with masculinity, and no, I wouldn't rather date another woman - frankly I get along better with men in general. You should possess wit but I'd settle for someone who gets my jokes.
I'm hoping we're both nuanced enough to take it as written that *everybody* likes a balance of going out and 'curling up on the couch with a dvd'. This is an instant fail item. Go delete that shit now. Replace it with something that sets you apart.
We both privilege quality conversation and genuine connections. You'd do best not to be too averse to confrontation, because I love to debate, and speak my mind as a matter of course - I'm not unkind, just honest. We've both travelled pretty extensively - or at least you take a keen interest in life outside the Canberra aquarium.
You might like to think twice if you have no interests outside sport, think 'lol' is an acceptable substitute for information, or are seriously conservative.
I'm here to maximise the chances of finding something exceptional - the everyman is (tautologously) ubiquitous. Looking for the elusive spark.
Thanks for your persistence!... Should put a code word at the end here... it's 'jade echidna'.
At a glance
|Summary||Catalyse's details||Catalyse's ideal partner|
|Age||29 years old||26 - 37 yrs old|
|within 250km of Canberra 2600|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Slim, Average|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||at least 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
Nice is not enough. Most importantly: honest, moral, socially 'ept' and active, respectful, affectionate, thinking (woman's crumpet), educated (one way or another), curious and/or driven to experience the world. My taste is eclectic but discriminating - there must be a physical connection.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- JJJ, alternative, indie, jazz, pop, rock, swing, folk, funk, soul, karaoke backing tracks... and the soundtrack to 'Keating'... and Flight of the Conchords, currently. I won't slavishly follow particular artists, but love live music for the in-the-moment experience rather than the cult status.
- Novels, classics, plays, newspapers... Anything weird and well written - when time permits. Eg. Jonathan Safran Foer, Shakespeare, (broadsheet) opinion pages, Coleridge, trying to crack open Salman Rushdie. Sadly, I still prefer real people to books though, and it limits my appetite.
- Movies & TV
- Unashamedly drawn to the Arthouse section of the video store - weird/wordy ones, classics, musicals, thrillers, eg. The Lives of Others, Inception, Dogma, Memento, Inglourious Basterds, Batman Begins, The Chaser, True Blood, The West Wing, The Wire, Sons of Anarchy, 30 Rock
- Dabbling in squash, soccer, touch football and mixed netball (all social!). Follow international rugby and cricket for conversation's sake. Don't be fooled, though - neither a gym junkie nor a sports fanatic. Happy if *you* go to the gym, just don't want to converse on it.
- Other Interests
- Conversation, travel (lots of it), art, chocolate, singing, red, theatre, oversized sunglasses, politics, Thai food, pop psych, Europe, cinnamon, debate, festivals, sneezing, red wine, fancy dress, coffee, sleeping in, basil, big jewellery, dancing, cats, peanut M&Ms, hot showers.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Catalyse is online now.
- Get to know Catalyse safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: