I'm smiling, optimistic, and also a caring person.....hoping to meet a lovely guy.
I'm a warm and friendly person. I love a good conversation, and having a laugh. I'm interested in lots of things - and like to be up to date with what's going on in the world, eg politics, the environment. I've had my own business for 25 years and now looking forward to much more free time. Family and friends are very important
to me. I like a balance between the outdoors and doing the Cancerian home-loving thing. As time's gone by, simplicity in life appeals more and more!!
In a relationship, I love togetherness but also like to have a bit of time for my own interests, and this is fine in my partner as well - then you can bring things back into the relationship. However it is stilll really important to have plenty of
common interests, and time together. Love, trust, and good communication are to me the most important things in a relationship. I'm INFJ if you are into Myers-Briggs.
As I've stopped work, I'm having a good time exploring more of what I really like - seeing friends, gardening, crafts, travel, also photography, nature, beauty...and I have made some new friends also. I would love to go camping again. (I am not at all into shopping!) I'd love to have a basic shack in the country - putting on the fire, enjoying the space and peacefulness of it all.
I have done quite a lot of travelling over the years - Australia and also overseas (love Europe!) Over the last few years my longer trips have been to Laos, Cambodia, India, and the Kimberley. Weekends away are great too. Up ahead, I'd like to go to do more trips eg Cappadoccia in Turkey, Alhambra in Granada, and do some walks in the UK.
.......I have also travelled the inner life - it's a big journey too!
My life is good - it would also be wonderful to be in a loving relationship.
At a glance
|Summary||Cate4's details||Cate4's ideal partner|
|Age||67 years old||60 - 71 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW||Within 25km of her|
|Body type||Slim||A bit overweight, Athletic, Slim, Average|
|Height||5'3/160 cm||5'4/162 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Single, Widowed, Divorced|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Personality||Average||Average, Private, Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||Asian, North European, Other Caucasian|
|Religion||Agnostic||Atheist, Other Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Other, Anglican, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, No strong beliefs, Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Post Graduate, Diploma|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
|Job role||Professional||Professional, Customer Service Role, Senior Management, Other, Executive, Business Owner, Management, Technical|
What I'm looking for
The man I'd love to have as a partner would be loving,intelligent, kind, tolerant and respectful, calm and not be quick to judge me. Sense of humour would be great. Also who is in good health, has his own interests, and an optimistic outlook on life.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I like classical music - but not the really modern discordant stuff. I don't really listen to a lot of music but enjoy the occasional concert.
- I like reading the SMH. I mostly prefer non-fiction. Enjoy: Garner, Schnarch, Dan Goleman, Clive Hamilton. I like reading about health,diet, longevity, human evolution. Biography also. Best reads of the decade: Shantaram, the Blair Diaries (Alistair Campbell)
- Movies & TV
- I like current affairs on TV. Mostly watch the ABC or SBS. Often watch the news, Four Corners, Foreign Correspondent, I love BBC docos, eg Neil Oliver "Ancient Britain" "Celtic Britain", and Tony Robinson "Worst Jobs in Tudor Britain", also Monty Don's docos on gardens in Europe.
- Not very big on sport - but happy to watch cricket, and tennis on TV. Enjoy walks, and bush walks (but not 20km hikes!), love being in nature.
- Other Interests
- Photography, sustainability, gardening, quilting, and socialising. I love to go away for weekends and also overseas holidays. I'm interested in health,nutrition, the brain, life philosophies eg Buddhism. I have an interest in some art - eg NGA exhibitions, and love SE Asian fabric.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Cate4 is online now.
- Get to know Cate4 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 14 Jun '14