I'm smiling, optimistic, and caring....hoping to meet a really lovely man.
I'm a warm and friendly person. I love a good conversation, and having a laugh. I'm interested in lots of things - and like to be up with what's going on eg politics, the environment. I like a balance between being out and doing the Cancerian home-loving thing (like a day at home pottering). As time's gone by, simplicity in life appeals more and more!!
In a relationship, I love togetherness and common interests, but also like to have a bit of time for my own interests, and same for my my partner as well - then you can bring things back. Love, trust, good communication, tolerance and kindness are important to me.
As I've stopped work, I'm having a good time with what I really enjoy - friends, family, health, gardening, creative activities, travel, photography, nature, walking, recycling. I would love to go camping again and/or have a basic shack in the country - putting on the fire, enjoying the space and peacefulness - lovely.
I have done quite a lot of travelling - Australia and overseas. I love Europe. More recent trips have been to Laos, Cambodia, India, China,and the Kimberley. Weekends away are great too.
I have also travelled the inner life - and believe that as long as the basics are met (eg ok health, somewhere comfortable to live etc) then happiness is an inside job. I would love to have a partner who has pondered this too. I've surprised myself how much I've been able to let go of past stuff in recent times, and stop worrying about things. I loved it when neuroscience discovered that we keep on making brain cells as we age, so more is possible!
My life is good - but I know there would be a lot of happiness for both in a relationship
At a glance
|Summary||Cate4's details||Cate4's ideal partner|
|Age||67 years old||55 - 71 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW||Within 25km of her|
|Body type||Slim||Average, Athletic, Slim, A bit overweight|
|Height||5'3/160 cm||5'4/162 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Widowed, Divorced, Single|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Personality||Average||Average, Social, Private|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||Asian, Other Caucasian, North European|
|Religion||Agnostic||Buddhist, Agnostic, Anglican, Atheist, Jewish, Other Christian, Other|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, No strong beliefs, Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Post Graduate, Diploma|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
|Job role||Professional||Customer Service Role, Professional, Business Owner, Senior Management, Executive, Technical, Other, Management|
What I'm looking for
The man I'd love to have as a partner would be kind, intelligent, tolerant and respectful, calm and emotionally in touch. Sense of humour would be great. Also who is in good health, has his own interests, and an optimistic outlook on life.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I like classical music - but not modern discordant stuff. I don't really listen to a lot of music but enjoy the occasional concert, could be jazz also. Used to go to Elton John concerts. Love 60s music still!
- I like reading the SMH. I mostly prefer non-fiction. Enjoy: Garner, Schnarch, Dan Goleman, Clive Hamilton. I like reading about health,diet, longevity, human evolution. Biography also. Best reads of the decade: Shantaram, the Blair Diaries (Alistair Campbell)
- Movies & TV
- I like current affairs on TV. Mostly watch the ABC or SBS. Often watch the news, Four Corners, Foreign Correspondent, I love BBC docos, eg Neil Oliver "Ancient Britain" "Celtic Britain", and Tony Robinson "Worst Jobs in Tudor Britain", also Monty Don's docos on gardens in Europe.
- Not very big on sport - but happy to watch cricket, and tennis on TV. Enjoy walks, and bush walks (but not 20km hikes!), love being in nature.
- Other Interests
- Photography, sustainability, gardening, quilting, and socialising. I love to go away for weekends and also overseas holidays. I'm interested in health,nutrition, the brain, life philosophies eg Buddhism. I have an interest in some art - eg NGA exhibitions, and love SE Asian fabric.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Cate4 is online now.
- Get to know Cate4 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 15 Feb '15