You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
Well, I grew up on a berry farm with my artist mum, lawyer father training for the Olympics, a pet donkey, and a Bren Gun Carrier for a tractor...so I'm attracted to the unusual, am rather random, very accepting, need occasional nature fixes, don't know a tank from a tractor, and suffer from a chronic berry addiction. I have tiny hands too.
I've travelled far and wide, high and low, in circles and deep within...and yet there's more! I'm blessed with a home in both Melbourne and Hobart, and love living in the inner city for all its arty farty foody offerings, and by a rivulet for the sounds of water, scents and views...but I fear the burbs. Let's not visit them...ever. Let's just pole jump to the other side and make daisy chains together.
I'm passionate, creative, fiercely independent, socially conscious, highly imaginative, touchy-feely (in a good way!), devoted to those close to me, intelligent without being a smarty pants, and am slow to anger...but have been known to be a tad feisty in an argument. Some might liken my career path to the yellow brick road (thespian, restaurateur, and now clinical psych.)...but alas, I have no ruby slippers...however I do have a wee mole on the tip of my nose.
I'm a bit of a dreamer and want the extraordinary: someone who can be challenging and expressive; will bribe me with berries and wrestle me for the doona; will argue that the weeds in my garden will help reduce carbon emissions; will understand my need to double dip in the raw organic honey pot; won't make fun of my fear of cords, but will battle the pronged beasts until out of sight; will marvel at my oddness with a loving smile, and light an enduring spark in my presence. Hmm...
At a glance
|Summary||Cloudspotter's details||Cloudspotter's ideal partner|
|Age||42 years old||38 - 52 yrs old|
Melbourne - City, VIC
(but more time in Hobart this year)
|within 10km of Melbourne 3000|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Some college, Post Graduate, Diploma, Degree|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
What I'm looking for
A good egg. Someone genuine, who acts out his word. A man I can admire - for his talents, passion, compassion, quirks, creativity, intelligence and warmth. I'm also hoping you opted against the muscle or motorcycle profile pic and weren't seeking one of me in a bikini petting a tiger.
- Male, for a relationship, dating or friendship
- Patrick Watson, Theivery Corp, Cinematic Orchestra, K&D, Radiohead, Cohen, JV McMorrow, St Germain, Antony, A&J Stone, Volo, Nouvelle Vague, nu jazz, 3RRR, Bowie (the early stuff), Stevie Wonder (the funky stuff), vintage French & Italian (the sexy stuff)...anything that's haunting or gets me moving
- currently dominated by academic journals, but I love Kate Atkinson, Graham Swift, Noam Chomsky, Jostein Gaarder, Ramachandran, Winton, Murakami, Roald Dahl, Dr Seuss, a good biography, cookbooks (but I admit it's for the food porn)...
- Movies & TV
- No telly but certain TV series - Sopranos, Boston Legal, Grand Designs, Monkey (uh huh), Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, documentaries... Love a good flick, especially if quirky and non-formulaic...Amelie (but I can relate a little too much), Blade Runner, Hitchcock, Coen Bros, Wes Anderson...
- In a moment of pure lunacy I agreed to do the Point to Pinnacle; yoga (I'm bendy); riding my push bike; wandering aimlessly for hours; household balloon tennis champ; outdoor activities rather than the gym; watching soccer (since working for QPR), although I nearly died at a Juventus vs Milan match.
- Other Interests
- my mini men; mind melding; clouds, storms, bright lights, twisted branches & windswept beaches; I've a fetish for Danish light fittings; Art, architecture & design; writing, cooking & growing stuff; live theatre, music & festivals; all things MONA; liquorice; being smitten
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Cloudspotter is online now.
- Get to know Cloudspotter safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: