Where are all those girls who missed out on "Farmer Wants a Wife"??
I am a fairly typical country boy. I enjoy outdoor pursuits, am pretty fit and generally capable of achieving whatever I choose to turn my hand too.
I have the privilege of a university education and have spent a number of years working in a forest consulting role (govt), which I am passionate about. I am happy enough in the city, but my long-term interest is to return to the family farm in central west NSW.
I have spent a lot of time travelling throughout Australia and have also ventured overseas in the past, with the US and perhaps Egypt and Japan other places that I would like to spend some time.
I am independent, ambitious, lateral thinking, perhaps a little "old fashioned" in my values. I am close to my family.
I like the idea of true romance - dinner at a nice restaurant, walks along the beach (or around the lake), spending time together, a nice weekend away in the Blue Mountains or Canberra.
I am genuinely interested in meeting and settling down with the "right" girl. In theory, I should be a good catch for anyone interested in a rural lifestyle, raising a family together, shared business opportunities. Maybe I have my expectations set too high, maybe I am just a bit of an acquired taste. Worth the effort, for anyone that is prepared to take a chance!
At a glance
|Summary||Country101's details||Country101's ideal partner|
|Age||41 years old||25 - 39 yrs old|
Central - West Region (eg. Bathurst), NSW
(Forbes / Gilgandra)
|Body type||Athletic||Slim, A bit overweight, Average, Athletic|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Sagittarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
Looking for a down-to-earth girl, ideally with a little class and sophistocation (feminine), but grounded enough to handle a rural lifestyle. A young lady who is fun, ambitious and affectionate. Someone with whom I can be friends and share what life has to offer, together.
- Female, for a relationship, dating or friendship
- My collection is mainly country. However my tastes are fairly broad and include most of the 70's/80's pop classics and alternative (U2, Dire Straights, Elton John, Madonna) material.
- Never seem to find enough time to do a lot of reading. Mainly work related or financial, unfortunately.
- Movies & TV
- Gone in 60 seconds, Shakespeare in Love, Pearl Harbour, Cold Mountain. I loved Walk the line (sorry bit of a country music buff, perhaps a closet romantic?). I enjoy the escapism of the movies but rarely make the effort on my own.
- Volleyball, cricket. Enjoy most outdoor pursuits - hiking, camping, etc. Played competitive volleyball for a number of years but have been a bit quiet on the sports of late.
- Other Interests
- Enjoy bushwalking and photography. Am pretty handy with carpentry or most things that I turn my hand too (antiques, clocks, etc). Involved with the design and construction of displays at Sydney and Brisbane Agricultural shows. Enjoy spending time at home on the family farm when I get a chance.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Country101 is online now.
- Get to know Country101 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 10 Mar '14