"The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time"...
Each day I'm always looking for ways to challenge myself, whether it's learning a new skill, meeting knew people, coming up with new (and sometimes absurd) ways to make money, or reading up about something that I never had any idea about.
My biggest passion is food, hence my life has pointed me towards working in restaurants. I'm now managing a restaurant having just wrapped up my own food venture which I ended last year. Being in the industry I'm in has also sparked interest in both beer and wine.
When I'm not working I like to catch up with family or friends, go out for 1, 2, 3 or 4 coffees, go for a bike ride, sometimes just go for a long walk, have a friendly game of tennis, or going for a swim at the beach. I love having a good laugh so if it's not with friends I'll hit up a comedy night. Cooking is something I do as much as I can, and it doesn't get better for me than when I'm cooking for others. Right now I'm going through a bit of an Ottolenghi cooking phase, much to the delight of my house mates!
In my down time I will try to watch a movie or catch up on one of the many TV series' that are pouring out of America. Planning a night in with some takeaway Indian, a beer and a bottle of wine, and watching Game of Thrones sometimes is all I want, and damn it's good.
At a glance
|Summary||DBTmr1981's details||DBTmr1981's ideal partner|
|Age||32 years old||26 - 35 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - Bayside, VIC||Within 50km of his|
|Body type||Slim||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|Height||6'2/188 cm||at least 5'4/162 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced, Widowed, Separated|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Scorpio Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Often|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Hospitality / Tourism / Travel|
What I'm looking for
Looking for someone who will share similar interests with me. I'm big on doing more travelling, even if it means dropping everything and setting abroad for an indefinite amount of time. I want to be with someone who won't take themselves too seriously and can have a laugh at their own expense.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I really do listen to quite a broad range of music. Phillip Glass produces some soothing "occasion" music. Have also just discovered that I love listening to classical while driving. Love old alternative, some jazz, instrumental hip hop, or some grunge/metal/alternative rock'n'roll...
- I like to say "The House of Leaves" as it might make me look clever but the truth is I have no idea what the book meant! Anything by Michel Houellebecq and Brett Easton Ellis or books on beer, wine and food. Generally I buy more than I read...
- Movies & TV
- Am following the trend of liking anything by HBO or AMC i.e. Breaking Bad, True Blood, The Walking Dead etc boring I know but they're just so addictive! Love foreign films especially Korean movies mainly because of their sense of humour.
- Many ambitions but little execution. Bike riding is my biggie (mainly MTB), followed by tennis, then swimming (this may just include a splash at the beach). Not really big on cricket or football but I don't mind hitting up a game to be social, plus it's usually a good atmosphere.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if DBTmr1981 is online now.
- Get to know DBTmr1981 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 14 Dec '13