On the lookout for someone special to share the good times... Is it you?
Having found myself unexpectedly solo after many years, I've finally conceded that it is not a natural state and have decided it's time to do something about it! A romantic at heart, I'm also quick-witted, loyal and fun to be around. While I love travel and sightseeing, I paradoxically love nothing more than getting lost in a lazy day with someone I love...
I believe honesty is essential in a relationship and so you should know I am still getting over my recent divorce, which is why I'm DippingMyToeIn rather than TakingARunningJump! Still, I don't believe in dwelling on the past, so if you're looking for a special friendship with someone caring and considerate who's intelligent, has a quick wit and a good, possibly somewhat quirky, sense of humour then maybe there's hope yet.
You should be confident in yourself and have a positive outlook. Everything else isn't so important and I look forward to finding out more...
At a glance
|Summary||DippingMyToeIn's details||DippingMyToeIn's ideal partner|
|Age||48 years old||35 - 55 yrs old|
|Location||Darwin, NT||within 75km of Darwin 0800|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially, Trying to quit|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
I don't want to be too prescriptive here, lest I discourage someone who could turn out to have that something special. I'm always open to new people, experiences and ideas, so if you're also looking to explore new horizons then that's a bonus...
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I regularly play music at home, which usually means 60's, 70's & 80's music for me, but I enjoy most styles. Disks regularly played include Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, Eagles, Paul Kelly, Leo Sayer, Beatles, ELO & LRB. That said, my kids have also got me into some more recent stuff (love Pink!)
- I enjoy non-fiction and usually have a book on the go. I prefer my fiction to be set in the real world so I learn something about the world as I read - especially like Robert Goddard. If the truth's known however, you are actually more likely to catch me reading a map or an atlas than anything else!
- Movies & TV
- TV for me tends to mean ABC-24, but I also especially enjoy British dramas and comedies. I regularly go to the cinema and also enjoy watching DVDs. This usually entails me coming home with a stack of quirky never-before-heard-of films, which can be a bit hit-or-miss, but at times turns up a real gem
- I have been actively engaged in Orienteering since I was a teenager. I love that this is a sport for all ages and abilities. Down South I love diving and kayaking, but the seas up here, whilst definitely warmer, are somewhat less friendly!
- Other Interests
- I enjoy getting out and about exploring and experiencing what the world has to offer, maybe on my (push) bike or further afield by vehicle. Given the choice, I'll always take the road less travelled. I like eating out and used to enjoy tending the garden when I had one...
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if DippingMyToeIn is online now.
- Get to know DippingMyToeIn safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 12 Dec '13