Vivamus... atque amemus... da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum...
Aspiring aesthete, belletrist, bon vivant & quasi-sophist.... & may also experience the odd man crush [eg M Fassbender, Prof B Cox, Hugh F-W].
I am a shallow individual of quite dubious morals & no sense of irony. Quite partial to aesthetic, Epicurean & hedonistic shenanigans, not to mention miscellaneous hi jinks. I am seeking an intelligent, attractive voluptuary with similarly dubious morals & sense of irony. If you too have a predilection for sampling the capital vices, I'd like to hear from you. Aficionados of all-round mischief-making, tom foolery & jackanapes will also be considered.
I originally grew-up in rural NSW before moving to Canberra to study journalism & ended-up working in fashion retail. I then moved to Sydney to complete my social work degree & remained there until I left for the UK early 2003. As a social worker I have mainly worked in child protection & social welfare.
I lived & worked in England for over 5 years. I travelled extensively throughout the UK, Italy, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Sweden & Greece. I moved to Melbourne from England in early 2009, & now consider myself an honorary Melburnian.
I'm intermittently fit, prone to prolix & non-sequiturs, usually reflective, mostly compassionate & always idealistic. Left-leaning politically, but can experience bouts of Stalinist megalomania every now & again.
I love live music, robust conversations, rustic free houses, good wines & real ales, collecting/wearing natty patterned socks/shoes, art galleries, bohemian cafes & good coffee, cooking, eating chocolate & kissing [reputed to be an excellent kisser]. I have supped with serving & aspiring PMs, & starred [the term is used advisedly] in a Tropfest film [with unscripted nude scene].
At a glance
|Summary||DorianGray1890's details||DorianGray1890's ideal partner|
|Age||49 years old||40 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC||Within 25km of his|
|Body type||Average||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|Height||over 6'3/190 cm||at least 5'4/162 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced, Separated|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Social, Private|
|Eye colour||Blue||Blue, Hazel, Grey, Brown, Other, Green, Black|
|Hair colour||Auburn||Grey, Light Brown, Red, Black, Blonde, White, Dark Brown, Auburn, Other|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian||South European, Black / African, North European, Other, Hispanic / Latino, Other Islander, Other Caucasian, East European, Asian, Aboriginal / TSI, Middle Eastern, Mixed Race, Indian|
|Religion||Atheist||Atheist, Catholic, Anglican, Other Christian, Agnostic, Other|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, Left wing, No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Often, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Post Graduate, High School|
|Industry||Government||Education / Science, Government, Healthcare / Medical, Construction, Volunteer / Charity / Community, Student, Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, Legal, Other|
|Job role||Professional||Student, Tradesperson, Other, Admin / Clerical / Secretarial, Professional|
What I'm looking for
Female, preferably.. stylish, articulate, vivacious, sensual, unattached & at peace with themselves. A bit like a quality Arabica ie interesting, earthy, creamy, well processed, with syrupy, velvety mouth feel, subtle hints of fruit, spice, vanilla, cocoa & a big finish [& an excellent kisser..].
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- A taster.. N Cave, Suede, Mumfords, Tallis, Lumineers, D Mode, Emmylou H, Ludwig van, Laura M, Rufus W, JR Cash, Ella F, Primal Scream, New Order, Kate Bush, Billie H, Elbow, John Murry, Goldfrapp, P Gabriel, MFTCC, Handel, Triffids, Robert Plant, Agnes Obel, Arcade Fire, Moby, Ólafur Arnalds...
- A few favourites.. Yeats, Kafka, Clive James, Milosz, George Johnston, Wilde, Orwell, PJ O'Rourke, Goscinny & Uderzo, John Wyndham, the Bard, Robert Hughes, CJ Sansom, Le Carre,William Boyd, the Christophers [Koch & Hitchens], music mags,cook books [Nigella, Bill, Jill, HF-W, Nigel, Stephanie.]..
- Movies & TV
- Irrespective of raison d'être, should have inherent quality. Arthouse & mainstream film, esp Kieslowski, Malick, Coen Bros, Campion, Minghella, Anderson, Kubrick, Weir & Hitchcock. Scandi noir, period dramas [eg high gloss tosh like Rake, Downton, the Hour, Rome & the Tudors]. ABC, BBC, Channel 4.
- Hmmm, is kissing to make your toes curl a sport? Does tipping the velvet count? Comedy like Mock the Week, Roger Ramjet, Python, Pete 'n' Dud, Fry 'n' Laurie, Blackadder, Gavin & Stacey, Peep Show, Father Ted, IT Crowd, Wallace & Gromit. Otherwise jogging. But none of yer AFL bollocks, thanks...
- Other Interests
- Watching rugger [what about those bloody Tahs!!], collecting fridge magnets, correcting people's grammar, & more music.. Allegri, Patty Griffin, Wailin' Jennies, Vampire Weekend, Hurts, Sigur Ros, Preisner, B Bragg, Massive Attack, Lana del Rey, Radiohead, Mozart, Pogues, Morrissey/Smiths, Britpop.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if DorianGray1890 is online now.
- Get to know DorianGray1890 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 21 Oct '14