Fashionable Belletrist, Pseudo Aesthete & Amateur Bon Vivant.. 'We are all equal, but some of us are more equal than others.'
'The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.. resist it & the soul grows sick with longing.'
A shallow individual of exceptionally dubious morals & no sense of humour interested in a variety of aesthetic, Epicurean, hedonistic & miscellaneous shenanigans & hi jinks. Seeking an intelligent, attractive female voluptuary with similarly dubious morals & sense of irony.
It would help if you are also partial to aesthetic, Epicurean, hedonistic & miscellaneous shenanigans. Aficionados of all-round tom foolery, mischief-making & hi jinks will also be considered.
I am a qualified social worker working in child protection. I originally grew-up in rural NSW before moving to Canberra to briefly study journalism & ended-up working in fashion retail. I then moved to Sydney to complete my social work degree & remained there until I left for the UK early 2003.
Lived and worked in the UK for over 5 years. I travelled extensively throughout Italy, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, France, Sweden, the Czech Republic & the UK. I moved to Melbourne in early 2009 after returning to Australia late 2008.
I'm intermittently gym-toned, sometimes prolix-prone, usually reflective, mostly compassionate & always idealistic. Left-leaning politically, but can experience bouts of Stalinist megalomania every now & again.
I love live music, robust conversations & banter, rustic free houses, good wines & real ales, art galleries, bohemian cafes & good coffee, cooking, watching rugby, tipping the velvet, sampling the capital vices [mainly luxuria, gula, acedia], eating chocolate & kissing [reputed to be an excellent kisser]. I have also supped with serving PMs, opposition leaders & starred in a Tropfest film [which included an unscripted nude scene].
At a glance
|Summary||DorianGray1890's details||DorianGray1890's ideal partner|
|Age||47 years old||38 - 48 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - City, VIC||within 50km of Fitzroy North 3068|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|Height||over 6'3/190 cm||at least 5'4/162 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Separated, Divorced, Single|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Personality||Social||Private, Very Social, Social|
|Eye colour||Blue||Other, Green, Blue, Brown, Black, Grey, Hazel|
|Hair colour||Auburn||Red, Grey, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Blonde, Black, Auburn, Other, White|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian||Asian, North European, Indian, Hispanic / Latino, Aboriginal / TSI, South European, East European, Black / African, Middle Eastern, Other Caucasian, Other, Other Islander, Mixed Race|
|Religion||Atheist||Atheist, Other, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, Swinging voter, Right wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Often|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Degree||High School, Degree, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Government||Healthcare / Medical, Construction, Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, Other, Education / Science, Student, Legal, Government, Volunteer / Charity / Community|
|Job role||Professional||Professional, Tradesperson, Other, Student, Admin / Clerical / Secretarial|
What I'm looking for
Someone sociable, stylish, articulate, vivacious, curious, sensual, unattached & health conscious. A bit like a quality Arabica ie interesting, earthy, creamy, well processed, with syrupy, velvety mouth feel, subtle hints of fruit, spice, vanilla, cocoa & a big finish. Must be an excellent kisser..
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Nick Cave, Suede, Mumfords, Lumineers, Depeche Mode, Ludwig van, Laura Marling, Rufus W, Johnny Cash, Ella F, Primal Scream, New Order, NDW, Kate Bush, NIN, Billie H, JS Bach, Soulsavers, Goldfrapp, Peter Gabriel, MFTCC, Amy W, Haendel, Triffids, Robert Plant, Dandy Warhols, Ol' Blue Eyes..
- WB Yeats, Kafka, Clive James, George Johnston, Oscar Wilde, EA Blair, Jan Neruda, Robert Fisk, PJ O'Rourke, Goscinny & Uderzo, John Wyndham, the Bard, Robert Hughes, Arturo Perez-Reverte, HG Wells, CJ Sansom, William Boyd, Christopher Koch, Christopher Hitchens & Robert Graves..
- Movies & TV
- Indie, alternative & mainstream film. Fave film directors include Kieslowski, Malick, Coen Bros, Minghella, Anderson, Kubrick, Hillcoat, Weir & Hitchcock. Theatre, documentaries & period dramas, esp high gloss tosh like Rake, Downton Abbey, the Hour, Rome & the Tudors. ABC, BBC, Channel 4.
- Comic acts/shows like Mock the Week, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Roger Ramjet, the Goons, the Pythons, Pete 'n' Dud, Fry 'n' Laurie, the Office, Barry Humphries, Blackadder, Gavin & Stacey,Young Ones, Peep Show, Father Ted & the IT Crowd. Is [giving & receiving] massage a sport? Does kissing count?
- Other Interests
- Maintaining the Sydney-Melbourne rivalry, correcting people's grammar & practising Phrenology on complete strangers. Music..Sigur Ros, Preisner, Billy Bragg, Massive Attack,Muse,the XX, Radiohead, Mozart,Pogues,Coltrane, Morrissey/Smiths, Prince, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Britpop, 70s punk, 80s.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if DorianGray1890 is online now.
- Get to know DorianGray1890 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 22 May '13