'But the owls, so many owls, I'm never alone...Oh, the owls, the owls, with their feathers of silk.. the owls they mock me and have stolen my pills..'
Aspiring aesthete, belletrist, bon vivant & quasi-sophist....will admit to having man crushes on Michael Fassbender, Prof B Cox & Hugh F-W.
I am a shallow individual of extremely dubious morals & no sense of irony. Quite partial to aesthetic, Epicurean & hedonistic shenanigans, not to mention miscellaneous hi jinks. I am seeking an intelligent, attractive voluptuary with similarly dubious morals & sense of irony. If you too have a predilection for sampling the capital vices, I'd like to hear from you. Aficionados of all-round mischief-making, tom foolery & jackanapes will also be considered.
I originally grew-up in rural NSW before moving to Canberra to study journalism & ended-up working in fashion retail. I then moved to Sydney to complete my social work degree & remained there until I left for the UK early 2003. As a social worker I have mainly worked in child protection & social welfare.
I lived & worked in the UK for over 5 years. I travelled extensively throughout the UK, Italy, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Sweden & Greece. I moved to Melbourne from the UK in early 2009, & now consider myself an honorary Melburnian.
I'm intermittently gym-toned, sometimes prolix-prone, usually reflective, mostly compassionate & always idealistic. Left-leaning politically, but can experience bouts of Stalinist megalomania every now & again.
I love live music, robust conversations/banter, rustic free houses, good wines & real ales, collecting/wearing natty patterned socks, art galleries, bohemian cafes & good coffee, cooking, watching rugger, eating chocolate & kissing [reputed to be an excellent kisser]. I have supped with serving & aspiring PMs, & starred [the term is used advisedly] in a Tropfest film [with unscripted nude scene].
At a glance
|Summary||DorianGray1890's details||DorianGray1890's ideal partner|
|Age||48 years old||40 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - City, VIC||within 75km of Fitzroy North 3068|
|Body type||Average||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|Height||over 6'3/190 cm||at least 5'4/162 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced, Separated|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Personality||Social||Social, Very Social, Private|
|Eye colour||Blue||Brown, Green, Black, Other, Hazel, Grey, Blue|
|Hair colour||Auburn||Blonde, Red, Auburn, Other, Black, Dark Brown, Grey, Light Brown, White|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian||Hispanic / Latino, Aboriginal / TSI, Other Islander, North European, Black / African, East European, Asian, South European, Indian, Middle Eastern, Other Caucasian, Mixed Race, Other|
|Religion||Atheist||Other, Atheist, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, Left wing, Right wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Often|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Degree||High School, Post Graduate, Degree|
|Industry||Government||Other, Legal, Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, Construction, Volunteer / Charity / Community, Healthcare / Medical, Government, Education / Science, Student|
|Job role||Professional||Other, Student, Professional, Admin / Clerical / Secretarial, Tradesperson|
What I'm looking for
Someone stylish, articulate, vivacious, sensual, unattached & at peace with themselves. Not unlike a quality Arabica ie interesting, earthy, creamy, well processed, with syrupy, velvety mouth feel, subtle hints of fruit, spice, vanilla, cocoa & a big finish. Must be an excellent kisser.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- N Cave, Suede, Mumfords, Lumineers, D Mode, Emmylou H, Ludwig van, Laura M, Rufus W, JR Cash, Ella F, Primal Scream, New Order, Kate Bush, NIN, Billie H, JS Bach, John Murry, Goldfrapp, P Gabriel, MFTCC, Amy W, Handel, Triffids, Robert Plant, Isobel Campbell, Arcade Fire, Handsome Family, Moby..
- A few favourites.. Yeats, Kafka, Clive James, Milosz, George Johnston, Wilde, Orwell, PJ O'Rourke, Goscinny & Uderzo, John Wyndham, the Bard, Robert Hughes, Perez-Reverte, HG Wells, CJ Sansom, Le Carre,William Boyd, the Christophers [Koch & Hitchens], Uncut, cook books, pasta packets, Milo tins..
- Movies & TV
- Should have inherent quality, whatever it's raison d'être. Indie or mainstream film, esp Kieslowski, Malick, Coen Bros, Campion, Minghella, Anderson, Kubrick, Weir & Hitchcock. Theatre, docos & period dramas, high gloss tosh like Rake, Downton, the Hour, Rome & the Tudors. ABC, BBC, Channel 4.
- Hmmm.. is kissing to make your toes curl a sport? Does tipping the velvet count? Comedy like Mock the Week, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Roger Ramjet, Goons, Python, Pete 'n' Dud, Fry 'n' Laurie, Blackadder, Gavin & Stacey,Young Ones, Peep Show, Father Ted, IT Crowd, Graham Norton, Wallace & Gromit.
- Other Interests
- Anthropomorphic taxidermy, Morris Dancing,bog snorkelling,haggis hurling, cheese rolling, correcting people's grammar. More music..Patty Griffin, Wailin' Jennies, Vampire Weekend, Hurts, Sigur Ros, Preisner, B Bragg, Massive Attack, Lana del Rey, Radiohead, Mozart, Pogues, Morrissey/Smiths, Britpop.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if DorianGray1890 is online now.
- Get to know DorianGray1890 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 09 Mar '14