Some are born ginger, some achieve gingerness & some have gingerness thrust upon them...
Who wouldn't want to be associated with the likes of these? Ozymandias, Cleopatra, Judas, Boudicca, Erik Raude, Genghis Khan, Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, Mary Queen of Scots, Napoleon, Lenin & Malcolm X.
I am a shallow individual of quite dubious morals & no sense of irony. V partial to aesthetic, Epicurean & hedonistic shenanigans, not to mention miscellaneous hi jinks. If you are an intelligent, attractive voluptuary with similarly dubious morals & sense of irony, I'd like to hear from you. Aficionados of all round tom foolery, mischief-making & jackanapes will also be considered.
I grew-up in rural NSW, moved to Canberra, studied journalism & ended-up in fashion retail. I then moved to Sydney, completed my social work degree & left for Blighty early 2003. I have subsequently worked mainly in child protection & social welfare.
I lived & worked in England for over 5 years & travelled extensively throughout the UK, Italy, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Sweden & Greece. I moved to Melbourne from England early 2009, & now consider myself an honorary Melburnian.
I'm intermittently fit, prone to prolix & non-sequiturs, usually reflective, contrarian but compassionate & always idealistic. Left-leaning politically, with occasional bouts of Stalinist megalomania.
I love live music, robust conversations, rustic free houses, good wines & real ales, wearing mismatched socks/natty shoes, stripey tees, art galleries, bohemian cafes/good coffee, cooking, eating chocolate & kissing [reputed to be an excellent kisser]. I have supped with serving/aspiring PMs, & starred [the term is used advisedly] in a Tropfest film [with unscripted nude scene].
Also prone to the odd man crush eg M Goode, B Whishaw, I Gruffud, T Hiddleston, B Cumberbatch.
At a glance
|Summary||DorianGray1890's details||DorianGray1890's ideal partner|
|Age||49 years old||40 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC||Within 25km of his|
|Body type||Average||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|Height||over 6'3/190 cm||at least 5'4/162 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced, Separated|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Personality||Social||Private, Very Social, Social|
|Eye colour||Blue||Hazel, Green, Grey, Other, Black, Blue, Brown|
|Hair colour||Auburn||Red, Grey, Auburn, White, Blonde, Dark Brown, Other, Light Brown, Black|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian||South European, Asian, Other, Indian, North European, Middle Eastern, Other Caucasian, East European, Other Islander, Black / African, Hispanic / Latino, Mixed Race, Aboriginal / TSI|
|Religion||Atheist||Agnostic, Anglican, Other, Atheist, Other Christian, Catholic|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||No strong beliefs, Left wing, Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Often, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, No, Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Post Graduate, High School|
|Industry||Government||Student, Other, Construction, Education / Science, Legal, Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, Government, Healthcare / Medical, Volunteer / Charity / Community|
|Job role||Professional||Professional, Admin / Clerical / Secretarial, Tradesperson, Other, Student|
What I'm looking for
Thinking man's crumpet...stylish, articulate, vivacious, sensual & unattached. Not unlike a quality Arabica [ie interesting, earthy, creamy, well processed, with syrupy, velvety mouth feel, subtle hints of fruit, spice, vanilla, cocoa & a big finish]. Must be an excellent kisser...
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- A glimpse.. N Cave, Suede, Mumfords, Tallis, Lumineers, D Mode, Emmylou H, Ludwig van, Laura M, Rufus W, JR Cash, Ella F, Primal Scream, New Order, Kate Bush, Billie H, Elbow, John Murry, Goldfrapp, P Gabriel, MFTCC, Handel, Triffids, R Plant, Agnes Obel, Arcade Fire, Moby, Ólafur Arnalds, B Bragg.
- A selection.. Yeats, Kafka, Clive James, Milosz, G Johnston, Wilde, Keats, Orwell, PJ O'Rourke, Goscinny & Uderzo, J Wyndham, the Bard, Robert Hughes, CJ Sansom, Le Carre,W Boyd, A Hollinghurst, the Christophers [Koch & Hitchens], music mags,cook books [Nigella, Bill, Jill, HF-W, Nigel, Stephanie].
- Movies & TV
- A sample... Kieslowski, Jonze, Malick, Wilder, Coen Bros, Campion, Minghella, Lean, Anderson, Kubrick, Polanski, Weir & Hitchcock. Scandi noir, high gloss tosh like The Fall, Rake, Downton, Hornblower, The Hour, Rome & the Tudors. ABC/Iview, BBC, SBS/On Demand. www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI5WJ0dWWPE
- A taster... Hmmm, kissing to make your toes curl? How about tipping the velvet? Comedy [eg Mock the Week, Roger Ramjet, Python, Pete 'n' Dud, Fry n Laurie, Blackadder, Gavin & Stacey, Peep Show, Father Ted, IT Crowd, Wallace & Gromit, In the Thick of It]? Some jogging. Proudly anti-AFL & pro-rugger.
- Other Interests
- An example...cheese rolling, fridge magnets, the capital vices, Morris Dancing...Did I mention music? Handsome Family, Sinead, Nouvelle Vague, Allegri, Wailin' Jennies, Vampire Weekend, Hurts, Sigur Ros, Preisner, Massive Attack, Lana del Rey, Radiohead, Mozart, Pogues, Morrissey/Smiths, Britpop.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if DorianGray1890 is online now.
- Get to know DorianGray1890 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: