Not all those who wander are lost.
I work remote and visit Darwin regularly, so I consider that I get the best of both worlds. I am a long term Territorian, but have spent a few years living in England and travelling through Europe/Asia/Africa. I work really hard and am proud of my professional achievements. Am trying to chill out more these days. Live music is great when I can get to a gig, don't get to the cinema much but do enjoy movies on the big screen.
I am quite content with my life and have 'no baggage'. I don't have a lot of patience for First World Problems, and I think I'm a fairly practical person. Having said that, I do enjoy a good laugh and can see the funny side of most situations. I have brilliant friends and a very supportive family who let me go off on expeditions and do my thing.
I love visiting new places, city or country, but am not keen on camping out.
I am an open book, what you see is what you get, no hidden agendas.
At a glance
|Summary||Freckles1968's details||Freckles1968's ideal partner|
|Age||45 years old||40 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||Darwin, NT||Darwin, NT|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Scorpio Check compatibility »|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Education / Science|
What I'm looking for
I am not planning to 'settle down and have kids'. I have a good life and am basically looking for someone who likes hanging out, having adventures and can chat for hours on any given subject. Integrity is very important, but so is having a laugh. Looking to meet a new friend first, so let's chat.
- Male, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- I don't know how I would have survived my teenage years in Darwin without 'rage'. I love music and will listen to what feels right at the time. I confess, I own a mirror ball. Faves include Faith No More, Crowded House, Kate Bush...eclectic is the word.
- Sooooo many books, not enough time to read them. Essentially I stick with Fantasy and Sci-Fi. However, there is a growing pile of biographies awaiting my attention. I do a lot of reading for my work, so tend to read books for escapism in my spare time.
- Movies & TV
- I like action and comedy. Not so much into dramas (there's enough of that in real life) and not keen on horror/gore etc. If you were ever a fan of Blake's 7 or The Magnificent Seven, we possibly have something to talk about. Classic ABC/BBC is all good, bring on the 80s movies too.
- I don't play active sport anymore because of injuries, but I do still have a competitive side. (Do quiz nights count?) Last year I walked 5 National Parks in New Zealand (very slowly), and I try to be active through gardening and travelling. Otherwise: Green Bay Packers, BMC Racing and ISSF.
- Other Interests
- Pretty much everything. Tried to read up on quantum mechanics over Xmas - just because. I still don't get it. I'm interested in languages, experimental cooking, museums/galleries, new people, new places, how everything works, history, conspiracy theories are always good for a debate.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Freckles1968 is online now.
- Get to know Freckles1968 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: