So, here I am...
Forty-ish, and pretty clear about what I want from Life: a family to care for and enjoy, a warm welcoming home, a garden to ground me, a desk to write at, friends to hang out with in good times and bad, time at the beach... and someone whose eye I can catch amidst it all to exchange a smile about what we share.
Me? Well-travelled, teaching and writing (published) along the way. These days I'm a mum, working part-time, and getting back into writing. I'm enjoying being settled and finding my way into a community. I might travel again one day. Or not.
I love cooking and gardening. Friends know I'll turn up with a meal if they're unwell or having a hard time. Love the beach. Dancing too - I'm an eternal beginner. Not into malls and manicures - I'm more a markets and op shops kind of girl. I'm into sustainable healthy living. I'm a quiet kind of person; I also have a good sense of the ridiculous and like to laugh.
I do just fine on my own, so you'll need to be someone who improves on that. I'm looking for a partner I'm at ease with, a relationship that is mutually supportive and whole-hearted. Someone who loves and cares for me, who I feel the same way about. Someone who enjoys being in a relationship, and who wants to be with me - both when the going's good and when it's tough. Who hugs me just because.
I'm not looking to rush into anything. Apart from anything else, my free time is pretty limited just now. That will change, with time. If you're thinking romantic weekends away - yes please, but you'll have to hold that thought for a while. For now, I'm looking to make a connection and find a bit of spark. So. If you're interested, and you've got patience as well as passion...
At a glance
|Summary||Freelance11's details||Freelance11's ideal partner|
|Age||41 years old||38 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||ACT, ACT||within 100km of Canberra 2600|
|Body type||Slim||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|Height||5'3/160 cm||5'3/160 cm - over 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Widowed, Single, Divorced|
|Have children||Yes, have children living at home||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children|
|Personality||Private||Social, Very Private, Private, Average|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Leo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Non-drinker||Non-drinker, Occasionally / socially|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Post Graduate, Some college, High School, Diploma|
What I'm looking for
Someone I feel at ease with. Kind, gentle, decent, honest. Good relationship manners and family values. Enjoys being in a relationship. Warm and affectionate. Understands both that my child is my priority and that as time passes I'll have more time for myself. Mature, willing to communicate.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- '80s music, Paul Kelly, Bryan Ferry, Bill Withers... 104.7FM in the car and the kitchen. Some Top 40 hits, country, jazz... anything which makes me feel like dancing or singing along.
- Love reading, but don't get a lot of time to indulge. Fairly eclectic tastes. Some examples: Paul Kelly's 'How to Make Gravy', 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed, and the weekend Sydney Morning Herald. I like reading about people.
- Movies & TV
- Rarely watch TV. Fan of 'Good News Week' and 'SeaChange' when they were on. Favourite movie: 'Lost in Translation'. Haven't been to the cinema for too long. Have a weak spot for good quality rom-coms: 'Love Actually', 'Music & Lyrics', etc. Not horror or sci-fi.
- I like going for walks, swimming, dancing - relaxed exercise in good company. Just started tai chi. Not athletic; not into watching sport on TV.
- Other Interests
- Catching up with friends, picnics & BBQs, dancing (ceroc), walks, gardening, cooking, sewing, sustainable living, beach, writing, reading, natural health, markets and op shops...
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Freelance11 is online now.
- Get to know Freelance11 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: