GOTY MAN needs a SOULMATE who is "Getting Older but Thinking Younger" and is happy, active, intelligent, spiritual, witty, honest, articulate, playful & loving.
WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT BEING A GOTY? Even though I am "Getting Older" I am "Thinking Younger" and am not aging as rapidly as most others my age (and younger) because I am enjoying a boredom-free life without any daytime clubbing, booze, or TV. That is partly because after the sad death 9 years ago of my beloved wife of 46 years, my 5 adult kids dragged me out of my despair by motivating me into continuing to be socially & physically active. They broke the downward cycle of my going to the cemetery most days, by taking me to parties, introducing me to new people, & organizing regular family dinners as their mother had always done. They encouraged me to continue my early morning power walking and to take up social dancing again.
I was physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually regenerated by their loving support, my growing social circle and increased fitness. My penchant for repartee & humour returned and I went back to my libretto for a Musical Comedy & my Post-Doctoral commercial research. For relaxation, I began training for Ballroom Dancing medals at 68 y.o. and ultimately started competing in Ballroom Dancing and Argentine Tango (see Tango Floor Show photos). I was 73 when I won the Australasian Ballroom Championship with my beautiful 33y.o. Tango partner. I ticked that off my bucket list and returned to social dancing and brain-challenging part-time research, each of which is a turn-off for many women.
I look younger than 75 because I am health conscious; mentally & physically active; & chill-out with music, by taking a forest or beach walk, or entertaining friends and family. I'll do this until the Good Lord grants me long service leave as he did my dear Mother at age 94.
Thus, I need a SOULMATE who also wants a long, loving, joyful & active life.
At a glance
|Summary||GOTY1's details||GOTY1's ideal partner|
|Age||77 years old||58 - 78 yrs old|
Central Coast & Surrounds, NSW
(Central Coast NSW)
|Within 75km of his|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, A bit overweight, Slim, Average|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'8/172 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Widowed||Divorced, Widowed, Single|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children living at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Average, Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Religion||Other Christian||Other Christian, Other, Catholic, Anglican|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet||Vegetarian, Vegan, Other special diet, No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Diploma, Degree, Post Graduate, Some college, High School|
|Industry||Education / Science||IT / Telecoms, HR/Employment / Training, Consulting, Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology, Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, Volunteer / Charity / Community, Government, Education / Science, Healthcare / Medical, Student, Administration, Retired|
|Job role||Professional||Customer Service Role, Business Owner, Professional, Other, Tradesperson, Senior Management, Management, Admin / Clerical / Secretarial, Technical, Executive|
What I'm looking for
My ideal partner has a positive outlook on life & is certainly not "Waiting for God". She is a nurturer who loves her family & is loved by them as I am by my family. She is happy, active, fit, intelligent, thoughtful, spiritual, witty, honest, articulate, playful & is ready for a loving relationship
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- Classical; Opera; Jazz; Blues; R&R; A Cappella; some Pop; basically anything instrumental or vocal to which I can dance, improvise, sing along, or harmonize - excepting some (but not all) head-banging music. I love many modern Australian symphonic, concerto, chamber and didgeridoo compositions.
- Currently re-reading some of the literary classics and great poetry. I spend more time keeping up with news from the scientific, medical, health, computing, and international political scenes. Although friends say I am "a fund of useless information", they call me for advice and T.Pursuit answers.
- Movies & TV
- I love musicals, comedies, and well-written, emotionally dramatic movies and TV series produced in Europe and the UK. I have also laughed or cried when viewing Australian icons such as "The Castle" and "Rabbit-Proof Fence" at Avoca Beach Cinema. My daughter and I recently loved "The Sapphires".
- Body Surfing; Walking; Social Dancing (Ballroom; Latin American; Rock & Roll; New Vogue; English Old Time; Disco; Argentine Tango). A GOTY WOMAN's inability to dance is not a deal-breaker. There are countless other activities that loving partners can enjoy together, especially in the wide outdoors.
- Other Interests
- I am an Ecumenical, Spiritual Christian and social activist. Although I am a sinner in the eyes of God, I have thrown the first stone at those, including clergy, who abuse their power to deprive others of their innocence, legal rights, property, self-respect, reputation, sanity &/or will to live.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if GOTY1 is online now.
- Get to know GOTY1 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: