I guess I'm a lot of things. Which often completely contradict each other.
I am compassionate, soft and empathetic, yet love a rigorous debate and playing the devil's advocate. I love to do bikram yoga as much as I like indulge in a red wine fueled conversation, sometimes until the early hours. I work in university academia during the day (thoroughly enjoy being around the "intelligentsia") and play guitar, harmonica and sing in a rockin' folk/blues/country band at night. I am extremely social and spend a lot of my time laughing, but am a sensitive soul and value spending time alone, usually writing. I love to eat lentils and brown rice but equally as much I love to drink a good peaty whiskey or a big cold pint. I am a very independent and often controversial thinker but am extremely family orientated and value collective ideology. I am a Classical Studies geek, Virgil's Aeneid being one of my favourite books, but also think that Bridget Jones' Diary is one of the funniest books ever. I spent the first 15 years of my life living overseas and dying to get back to NZ where I'm from, but once I returned wanted to leave again straight away.
Regardless...most of my time is devoted to my art (my music) - I perform live around Melbourne regularly, as a solo performer and with my band. I spend a lot of time socialising with my group of gorgeous friends, cooking delicious food, reading and riding my bike. Life is pretty good. I am also really friendly, so feel free to get in touch :)
At a glance
Click on the details below to edit
Girlinthecity's ideal partner
Impacts your search and matches
|Age||29 years old||28 - 40 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - City, VIC||within 75km of Melbourne 3000|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||at least 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Sagittarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
What I'm looking for
Ideally? Uh...energetic, intelligent, vivacious, smiles a lot....enjoys a good heated discussion but also happy to curl up and read a book. Tall. Loooooove beards :) Likes to socialise, open-minded, attractive...some or all of the above and I'm happy!
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I play in a band called Big Seal & the Slippery Few and also play solo. I am a music fanatic, love it and live it. I love Neil Young, Lucinda Williams, Willie Nelson, Band of Horses, Townes van Zandt, Phosphorescent, The Low Anthem, Pink Floyd, Sigur Ros, Simon and Garfunkel...and many many more.
- Favourite book - I Know This Much Is True (Wally Lamb). Loved We Need To Talk About Kevin (Lionel Shriver). Looooove Ancient Greek and Roman classics....Plato's Symposium, Virgil's The Aeneid. Am a bit of a poet and love all types of poetry.
- Movies & TV
- Not really into TV. In fact can't remember the last time I watched something on TV - I can just think of sooo many better things to do. I love movies but again don't watch a lot.
- Don't play sports as such but do loads of bikram yoga which I recently discovered and much to my surprise really enjoy. Love riding my bike all around the city. Love walking.
- Other Interests
- The things I take the most pleasure in life out of are people and music. I'm always up for any new activites...I lead a pretty busy and full life, and generally speaking I really love everything I do.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Girlinthecity is online now.
- Get to know Girlinthecity safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 18 Jun '13