Who doesn't love maple syrup and ice hockey?
I'm a Canadian who's moved to Australia to pursue some professional goals and at the same time experience my dream of living in Australia. Life here has been great! I've met lots of great people and I've been using the opportunity of living here to see all sorts of interesting places and animals (I think echidnas have been my favorite so far!). It's also been fun living in Canberra and having access to all of the national museums here and the various cultural and film festivals. Though I need to take some time to check out some of the museums in Sydney and the MONA in Hobart (road trip anyone?).
When I'm not traveling, I enjoy bushwalking on the many nearby tracks, playing ultimate Frisbee, wandering through some of the interesting local markets, meeting up with friends for dinner, or having a get together to play board games. Relaxing at home is nice too. I enjoy reading and like having some time to read a book or the news. I'm also into gardening, but despite some challenges, my tomatoes are surviving...
At a glance
|Summary||JCanuck's details||JCanuck's ideal partner|
|Age||39 years old||28 - 40 yrs old|
|Location||Gungahlin, ACT||Within 250km of his|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Capricorn Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Some college, Post Graduate, Diploma, Degree|
|Industry||Education / Science|
What I'm looking for
The main things I'm looking for are someone who is smart and that I have some chemistry with. If you like travelling and being active that's even better! Hopefully you also enjoy reading and an occasional movie. I figure we can sort the rest of it out afterwards if we like each other :>
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I lean towards classic rock and folk music, but like a bit of everything. I'm currently enjoying Boy & Bear and the Arctic Monkeys. I spend more time listening to podcasts than music, with "This American Life", and "The Moth" being among my favourites. I'm starting to try the "Serial Podcast"
- I'm currently reading "Lawrence in Arabia" which is a biography about Lawrence of Arabia and the events surrounding his time there. I'm also reading a few books on methods in photography.
- Movies & TV
- If you haven't seen it yet give "True Detective" a shot. I really enjoyed the format of the first season, and it probably doesn't hurt that I lived in Louisiana for 8 years.
- I'm more of a doer than a watcher when it comes to sports. After an extremely long retirement, I'm attempting to re-start my ice hockey career in Australia. It's going to be an interesting experiment... I've developed a bit of a taste for watching test-match cricket, but it's not must see for me.
- Other Interests
- I really enjoy bushwalking in Australia and elsewhere. I've done one multi-day walk (Milford Track, NZ) and hope to do some more in the near future. I recently purchased a DSLR camera and am currently working on developing my nature and landscape photography skills as a part of my bushwalking.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if JCanuck is online now.
- Get to know JCanuck safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: