Who doesn't love maple syrup and ice hockey?
I'm a Canadian who's moved to Australia to pursue some professional goals and at the same time experience my dream of living in Australia. Life here has been great! I've met lots of great people and I've been using the opportunity of living here to see all sorts of interesting places and animals (I think echidnas have been my favorite so far!). It's also been fun living in Canberra and having access to all of the national museums here and the various cultural and film festivals. Though I need to take some time to check out some of the museums in Sydney and the MONA in Hobart (road trip anyone?).
When I'm not traveling, I enjoy bushwalking on the many nearby tracks, playing ultimate Frisbee, wandering through some of the interesting local markets, meeting up with friends for dinner, or having a get together to play board games. Relaxing at home is nice too. I enjoy reading and like having some time to read a book or the news. I'm also into gardening, but despite some challenges, my tomatoes are surviving...
At a glance
|Summary||JCanuck's details||JCanuck's ideal partner|
|Age||38 years old||28 - 40 yrs old|
|Location||Gungahlin, ACT||Within 250km of his|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Capricorn Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Some college, Post Graduate, Degree, Diploma|
|Industry||Education / Science|
What I'm looking for
The main things I'm looking for in my ideal partner is someone who is smart and that I have some chemistry with. If you like doing some traveling and playing some sports or doing some other activity that would be great. I figure we can sort the rest of it out afterwards if we like each other :>
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I lean towards classic rock and folk music, but generally like a bit of everything. I'm currently listening to "Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes" and "The Black Keys". I spend a lot more time listening to podcasts than music, with "This American Life", and "The Moth" being my favorites.
- I read quite a bit and have an embarrassing addiction to the True Blood series. I've enjoyed the Game of Thrones series, but wish GRRM would hurry up and finish the next few books. For non-fiction, I enjoy a lot of Michael Lewis's stuff and am often happy reading a newspaper.
- Movies & TV
- I'll usually watch the Big Bang Theory, and How I Met Your Mother on OTA TV. I've been switching between Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Magnum P.I. on DVD I haven't been good about seeing movies recently. The last movie I saw was Amour which was good, but depressing.
- I'm more of a doer than a watcher when it comes to sports. I currently play ultimate frisbee and am planning on starting up with ice hockey again soon. I'm still mostly lost with Aussie sports. I find Rugby 7s somewhat addicting to watch and can spend a couple of hours watching cricket.
- Other Interests
- I really enjoy bushwalking around here. I did the Milford Track hike in NZ in January and would like to try another multi-day hike later this year. Being new here, I'm working on seeing Australia. Planning on working on my French for a trip next year and my Thai cooking skills for fun.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if JCanuck is online now.
- Get to know JCanuck safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 23 Oct '14