JacksFine (was JackFine)
As you can see from my name I'm no apostraphe nazi but I am honest, thoughful and considerate and I'm looking for the same qualities in you.
I came to Australia from Indonesia as a toddler and lived here all my life except for a 3 and half year stint overseas. I consider myself an Aussie and feel such an affection and connection to the place.
I'm honest and sincere. This doesn't mean that I will say things like "that red dress doesn't suit you" but it means that I will let you know what I think (and feel) when it is important to say it. I also won't tell you anything about myself that's not true or misleading. My personal drivers are my sense of social justice and compassion. I might not have the compassion of a saint but I do feel for people that suffer and are less privileged. I do my bit through some volunteer work and sponsoring charities.
Middle age has brought a comfort with myself and who I am (having said that maybe I'm not entirely comfortable with calling myself middle aged). This doesn't mean that the project of my self-development is complete. That I know will go on and I would like to share that journey with someone special. I would also like to share with someone special, my love for nature - to do that, all you would have to do is come bushwalking and camping with me (with your heart in it of course). But more than that, you would have to share my commitment to live sustainably. This doesn't mean we're retreating to a cave but I do want keep my life relatively simple. My aim is to enjoy the good things in life - travel, art, culture, good food and wine (and beer) - in an ethical and thoughtful way.
By the way, I actually have been comfortable camping in a cave (I've done that before) but also I love taking a beautiful lady out to sophisticated restaurants and soaking up the electric, buzzing atmosphere of a city. If you care to, you'll find I'm an easy going and broad minded guy
At a glance
|Summary||JacksFine's details||JacksFine's ideal partner|
|Age||49 years old||35 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||Newcastle, NSW||within 75km of Mayfield 2304|
|Body type||Athletic||Average, Athletic, A bit overweight, Slim|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'8/172 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially, Trying to quit|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Pisces Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Education / Science|
What I'm looking for
My partner will be honest and thoughtful of other people and the way she relates to the world around her. She is concerned about social justice and the environment, knows there are things wrong in the world, thinks and acts upon these things but is light and optomistic in outlook.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I'm very broad in my musical tastes; and I'm still expanding my tastes and appreciating new music. One artist that i've always had a keen appreciation for is Neil Young. He's playing at the Day on the Green gig in March 2013. I've got two tickets; one for me and the other for ...
- I read a fair bit. My favourite is Australian fiction - authors such as Peter Carey, Tim Winton, Robert Drewe and Markus Zusak. I'm a bit of a history buff too. I also like to read non-fiction that helps me to understand the world and how we can live better in the world.
- Movies & TV
- I like movies but I don't have a particular favourite movie or TV show. Oh OK I should confess that I rarely miss a Q&A show...yep I'm a nerd I know. I think it's the expression various ideas and perspectives in society and how they are contested that I like about that show. Life of Pi - Great movie
- I love sport ...I can watch it all day on TV. Not that's not entirely true. . I watch a bit of NRL, rugby (international games) and a bit of cricket but that's about it. Oh and a bit of Olympics every four years. The only sport I actively do is surfing and working out at the gym
- Other Interests
- I'm a curious person and love expanding my knowledge and understanding so I love travel, art, music, history and learning about sustainable living. I'm a passionate gardener. I also love camping and bushwalking and I would love to share this interest with someone special. Taxi driving for my son
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if JacksFine is online now.
- Get to know JacksFine safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 17 May '13