Unique, independent, transplanted American girl looking for a meeting of the minds (and hearts).
How on earth did I get here? Well, someone suggested I try online dating and I adamantly said I NEVER would. As soon as I heard myself say it I realised that it was probably exactly what I should try. Part of my philosophy in life is to run toward your fears, and to seek out people and situations that challenge you to expand your experience. So here I am!
I've always seemed to take an unconventional path, and I'm really looking for someone with that same open-minded, adventurous spirit. Specifically, someone who understands their power to create their own reality, and who comes from a positive, grounded inner place.
I'm a transplanted American who has been here for twelve years, and became a citizen in 2006. I've made the transition out of the 9-5 world and work from home as a fundraising and communications consultant to charities and other non-profit organisations. Love working from home and all the freedom it gives me. Took some time off last year and did Master's degree (#2) at Sydney Uni and loved being a student again.
I see life as a fantastic experiment in learning, giving, and passion! I think it's impossible to be bored, and I'd love to find a partner who believes great things can be achieved in life.
I have serious opinions and convictions, along with a mischievous, rebellious nature. I love to laugh, especially at a well told story that doesn't always have to be 100% true. I like to keep fit and balanced, and enjoy a mind/body approach to health.
If you're educated, opinionated, emotionally and spiritually aware, and committed to something more than just enhancing your own bank account, I'm interested.
At a glance
|Summary||JenX1970's details||JenX1970's ideal partner|
|Age||43 years old||38 - 53 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - City, NSW (Glebe)||within 50km of Glebe 2037|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, Average, Slim|
|Height||5'7/170 cm||at least 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Widowed, Divorced|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's, Undecided, Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aquarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||Other special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
Non-traditional, intelligent, clever, curious, mature, giving, open-minded, spiritually grounded, and never bored. Tall, dark and handsome doesn't hurt either, but a meeting of the minds is far more stimulating.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Transports my soul! Couldn't live without: Coltrane, Miles, Ella, Billie, Stevie Wonder, Van Morrison, Ray Charles, Prince, Sting, Aretha Franklin, Bonnie Raitt, K.D. Lang, Shawn Colvin, Sarah McLachlan, David Bowie, Counting Crows, & The Indigo Girls just to name a few.
- Major newspapers and other less conventional news sources online. Currently knee deep in sacred geometry. Couldn't live without: Kahlil Gibran, David Deida, Italo Calvino, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Oscar Wilde, Eckhart Tolle, Noam Chomsky, Freud, Darwin, Alain de Botton & Jeanette Winterson.
- Movies & TV
- I love the movies, but prefer docos and independent films with limited car chases and explosions. Lately I've loved: Life of Pi, Anna Karenina & Skyfall. Can't live without: Gone With The Wind, Being John Malkovich, The Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, and all (well most) by Woody Allen and Wes An
- Have had to learn to love Aussie sports since being here, AFL won my heart (Go the Swans!). My greatest achievement is learning to love and understand cricket. Determined to master yoga, but still a long way to go. Gym/pool 3-4 times a week. Was a hang gliding instructor once upon a time and love to
- Other Interests
- Travel, psychology, ancient cultures, photography, museums, galleries, good food, great wine, challenging conversation, writing, theatre, live jazz, singing, dreaming. Currently engrossed in sacred geometry, with a touch of quantum physics thrown in, amongst other new age subjects that take my fancy
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if JenX1970 is online now.
- Get to know JenX1970 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: