Djon82 (was Juanos82)
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be very careful about what we pretend to be...
How to sum up such an illustrious life and rich character in just a few lines?
More seriously, I am a pretty sensible and rational person but most would say I am somewhat eccentric, which helps me keep daily focus on my main priority - keeping life interesting. My biggest fear is boredom, so I am often starting new ideas and projects to avoid this. I love learning more than anything else, and I do this through talking with people, studying and travel. I have had a couple of big career changes in my life and am in the process of having another one right now!
I have been told I am a person of extreme opposites - I may talk quite seriously about a world issue (I study political science and anthropology) but then throw in a very unpragmatic and politically incorrect remark when the conversation gets too po-faced. I have a very, very silly sense of humour.
Coming back to the nuts and bolts of what sort of person I am and what I actually do with myself, I travel as much as I can (1-2 trips overseas a year), study a lot, enjoy my wine, scotch and trying new foods, and am a passionate music nerd. To support these habits, I have been working in hotel management for the last few years after hospitality accidentally became a career for me.
I like to think I am fairly "cultured" so would love to have a chat about music, books, and what is happening either on the global scale or on the streets of the Inner West.
If, like apparently 86% of people on here, you are an obsessive rockclimber and only stop rockclimbing to scubadive or take photos of yourself at the Randwick Races (when the rockclimbing centre is closed I guess), I am glad you are active and love those things but you will probably find me uninteresting! I am however very outgoing extroverted and socialise a lot.
At a glance
|Summary||Djon82's details||Djon82's ideal partner|
|Age||32 years old||23 - 37 yrs old|
Sydney - Inner West, NSW
|Within 25km of his|
|Body type||Average||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||5'0/152 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Regularly, Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Average, Social|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||No strong beliefs, Left wing, Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Gemini Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Often||Often, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|Industry||Hospitality / Tourism / Travel|
What I'm looking for
Someone who prefers a coffee or wine and good chat in the beer garden to "bootcamps" and "tough mudders". A long walk or hike through a new place is more the way I would like to share time with someone for when a break is needed from the scotch and schnitzels! Someone to converse and explore with.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- It is hard to get specific when I have over 1000 albums (real ones, not on iTunes) and like so much different stuff! Some favourite artists though are The Smiths, The Cure, Tom Waits, Weezer, Iron Maiden, Wu Tang Clan, N.W.A., Tori Amos, Miles Davis, Leonard Cohen, Prince, You Am I, Crowded House.
- I read a lot of anthropological and political material for my study, but like "proper" literature; favourites are Kurt Vonnegut, Albert Camus, Chuck Palahniuk, Milan Kundera, Dostoevsky, Murakami, Irvine Welsh, Raymond Carver, John Steinbeck, J.D. Sallinger...
- Movies & TV
- The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Oz, The Office, Black Books, Blackadder, Insight, Dateline, Q&A, The Drum, Seinfeld, 30 Rock. I watch mostly foreign/artyish films and detest lame blockbuster comedies; if you love the Jack Blacks and Adam Sandlers of the world, I probably hate you.
- I am not really in to competitive or team sports, when I want to be active I hike or take long walks to explore (either at home or when I am travelling). I am a South Sydney supporter as far as the NRL goes. Apparently unlike everyone else on RSVP, I don't pretend to rock-climb and rarely snorkel.
- Other Interests
- I love travelling and want to see the whole world before I am too old to do so. I have travelled a lot in Europe and more recently Asia, and as I am also a student again now this is part of my desire to learn and explore ideas, places and humans. Basically, I just love increasing my knowledge.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Djon82 is online now.
- Get to know Djon82 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 26 Jan '15