Not Afraid to Fall
It's not until you sit down and start to write one of these that you realise we don't really think about who we are all that much. Maybe we should do it a little more often :) That being said...
I am honest and fiercely loyal, prizing my friends and family above most anything else. I wear my heart on my sleeve and my moods are rarely a mystery.
I cannot live without music, bushwalk often and love reading books (yes, actual paper books). I recently moved up to Mt Tamborine and have converted one room into a library and already the volumes threaten to spill out (ok, I've already started on my second room).
I suppose I'm over the clubbing scene but to be honest I was never into it really. My close friends say the same things about me as my far away friends do and it is all complimentary. I find a selective memory to be one of my many assets.
I am passionate and hopelessly tactile. I love the cool feeling of new sheets beneath a pile of pillows, the smooth skin as it curves across a woman's hip, the coarse feel of the wet beach squidging between my toes (and yes I will put sand down your pants).
I find it very difficult to keep my hands off things, I am drawn to sensation. I could sit for hours and play with your hair while we sit by the fire and discuss our plans to survive the zombie apocalypse. I'll often go out of my way to step on a particularly crunchy looking leaf. I like to eat my cereal while it's still crunchy, the eternal breakfast battle. I love to run a stick along a paling fence and smile at the staccato beat. Ok I might stop there, I think I'm sounding more and more like I'm five.
I am affectionate and love my partner to be, whether it be a shared glance across the room or a cuddle on the couch at the end of a long day.
At a glance
|Summary||Justforoneday's details||Justforoneday's ideal partner|
|Age||38 years old||28 - 38 yrs old|
|Location||Gold Coast, QLD||Brisbane, QLD|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Athletic, Average|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Personality||Private||Private, Social, Average, Very Private|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Capricorn Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
Someone who is honest, loyal, affectionate and caring. Someone who will run to meet me at the airport, not just stand and wait at the back of the crowd. Someone with a passion, whether it be knitting, yodelling or 17th century tapestry making. Someone who is looking for something real and lasting.
- Female, for a relationship
- As with most things, I'm a little all over the place. Bands come and go but there are a few that never make it far from the stereo - The Sundays, David Bowie, Verve, David Gray, Jeff Buckley, James, Belly, Van Morrison, Nick Drake. Something for every day and emotion.
- I am a voracious reader spanning most genres. I'm going to run out of space so, favourites are Perdido Street Station (anything by China Mieville), One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Confederacy of Dunces, The Windup Girl, Time Travellers Wife, 1984, Altered Carbon, The Borribles, The Book Thief.
- Movies & TV
- A Clockwork Orange, Life Aquatic, Eternal Sunshine, Withnail and I, Bladerunner, Sleepy Hollow, Secretary, Dead Man, Big Lebowski, anything by Miyazaki, Breakfast Club, Dr Strangelove, Miller's Crossing. I love the dry, weirdness of Brits - Mighty Boosh, IT Crowd, Father Ted, Black Books, Spaced.
- Is people-watching a sport? What about falling asleep in strange places? If so, I have wicked skills. Cooking? I suppose the way I cook, it could be a sport. It's just that the laws of physics don't seem to apply in my kitchen.
- Other Interests
- I live on a mountain with rainforest literally at my backdoor. It is amazing how quickly you can become accustomed to the serenity with the sounds of nature your only background noise. I love the natural world and can't go long without losing myself in it.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Justforoneday is online now.
- Get to know Justforoneday safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 16 May '13