Spark71 (was Kate1970)
Bright spark seeks intelligible match
Employed at the university, I research and teach in the fields of ecological and social critique. My work is linked to a love of wild places and sunny beaches, as well as the everyday spaces of home.
Favourite things include: contorting Pilates lessons; eating the few remaining vegetables that have survived spasmodic watering; camping out at hippy folk music festivals; reading and writing incomprehensible academic papers; getting lost in the Tasmanian wilderness; withstanding the wave of home makeovers; sharing the schadenfreude of my friends' lives; channel surfing (only to return to British comedy and spy dramas); and explaining myself, life, the universe and everything to my six-year old son!
Options for first, second or third date include: coffee? wine? movie? meal? collecting firewood? draining Lake Pedder? hanging out the washing? journeying into the homespun?
Please note that I only have occassional access to the internet - if I don't respond quickly its not because I'm not interested!
At a glance
|Summary||Spark71's details||Spark71's ideal partner|
|Age||41 years old||36 - 51 yrs old|
|Body type||Average||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||at least 5'3/160 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Widowed, Separated, Divorced|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Degree, High School, Some college, Diploma|
|Industry||Education / Science|
What I'm looking for
To meet someone with similar values and who appreciates life's simple things. To wake up with someone late on Saturday mornings and to sit together in the sun, read the papers and chat about politics. And then spend the day relaxing - walking, talking, laughing and eating.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I love listening to live music in interesting venues while sampling whiskey!
- I read a lot at work, and at home I enjoy books that take me to other places, and into different worlds.
- Movies & TV
- I really like going out to the State Cinema. Films recently seem include Argo, Barbara, Anna Karenina (mesmerising), and The Hobbit (a childhood favourite).
- Bushwalking and pilates, and have a voyeuristic misunderstanding of team sports.
- Other Interests
- Going on adventures with my six year old son - bushwalking, finding caves, exploring along the coast, collecting bits and pieces and bugs.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Spark71 is online now.
- Get to know Spark71 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 12 May '13