All that is solid melts into air.
I'm an easy-going and fairly reserved person. I always try to deal with everything in a calm and rational manner. I'm interested in studying and understanding the world: science, social science, history and philosophy. I'm also interested in changing the world: supporting social justice and opposing poverty, environmental destruction, racism and sexism.
I work mostly for a non-profit organisation. My work primarily involves accounting-related stuff, but also some writing and editing and various other things.
For relaxation, I like reading, I tend to watch a lot of movies. I prefer quality movies, so tend to watch a lot of foreign-language or more arthouse films but am not really fussy and will often watch films just to relax. One of my favourites is a seven-hour-long, black and white, Hungarian arthouse film but I'm usually more in the mood for something a bit less challenging after a day at work.
I also enjoy eating out and trying different food especially seafood and spicy food. Better still with a good wine.
I also like travelling, when I get the chance, and enjoy scenery and just going for a drive to see somewhere different.
I have an 12-year-old son who stays with his mother every second weekend and for longer in school holidays.
The headline is a great quote but has no particular relevance in the context of appearing here. I just wanted something non-corny to fill the space.
At a glance
|Summary||L812's details||L812's ideal partner|
|Age||44 years old||33 - 44 yrs old|
|Location||Parramatta, NSW||Within 50km of his|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially, Trying to quit|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Divorced, Separated, Single|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Personality||Private||Social, Private, Very Private, Average|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||Mixed Race, Middle Eastern, Indian, Hispanic / Latino, Asian, Other|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Leo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Volunteer / Charity / Community|
What I'm looking for
I'd prefer someone who is even-tempered, rational and reasonable who enjoys doing similar things. Preferably someone who takes an interest in and cares about the world around them. And I'm not absolutely set any anything in the 'ideal partner' list.
- Female, for a relationship
- Varied. I like folk, reggae and classical but tend mostly to go for alternative music: The Pogues, Pixies, Dead Kennedys, MDC, Leningrad, Gogol Bordello, The Clash, Tom Waits, Manu Chao
- Mostly non-fiction: philosophy (especially ontology, philosophy of science and social science), history, economics and politics. In fiction: Kafka, Garcia Marquez
- Movies & TV
- Prefer good directors like Tarkovsky, Bella Tarr, Wong Kar-Wai, Zhang Yimou, Park Chan-wook, Bong Joon-ho, Juzo Itami, Kurosawa, Greenaway, Ken Loach, Bergman, von Trier, Christopher Nolan, Coen brothers to name a few. Documentaries: Bus 174, Pilger. On TV mostly news, Chaser, QI, Colbert Report.
- Not heavily into sport. Try to keep up regular exercise, mostly jogging, but can't say I enjoy it, have to force myself. Got a new road bike recently and now trying to do more cycling instead as it isn't so tedious as jogging. In terms of watching sport, mostly only cricket.
- Other Interests
- I like eating out and travelling or bushwalking and seeing scenery or just seeing somewhere different. Art galleries, museums, coffee and wine.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if L812 is online now.
- Get to know L812 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 01 Sep '14