All that is solid melts into air.
I'm a fairly quiet person and like to deal with things in a calm and rational manner. I'm interested in studying and understanding the world: science, social science, history and philosophy. I'm also interested in changing the world: supporting social justice and opposing poverty, environmental destruction, racism and other forms of bigotry.
I work mostly for a non-profit organisation. My work primarily involves accounting, but also some writing and editing and various other things.
For relaxation, I like reading, I tend to watch a lot of movies. I prefer quality movies, so tend to watch a lot of foreign-language or more arthouse films but am not really fussy and will often watch films just to relax. One of my favourites is a seven-hour-long, black and white, Hungarian arthouse film but I'm very often not in the mood to watch something like that after a day at work.
I also enjoy eating out and trying different food especially seafood and spicy food. Especially with a good wine.
I also like travelling, when I get the chance, and enjoy scenery and just going for a drive to see somewhere different.
I have an 11-year-old son who stays with his mother every second weekend and for longer in school holidays.
The headline is a great quote but has no real significance appearing here - I just wanted something non-corny to fill the space.
At a glance
|Summary||L812's details||L812's ideal partner|
|Age||43 years old||32 - 44 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - West, NSW||within 50km of Sydney 2000|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially, Trying to quit|
|Relationship status||Single||Separated, Divorced, Widowed, Single|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Personality||Private||Private, Average, Very Private, Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||Mixed Race, Asian, Other, Hispanic / Latino, Indian|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Leo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Volunteer / Charity / Community|
What I'm looking for
I'd prefer someone who is even-tempered and deals with things in a calm and rational manner and preferably someone who takes an interest in and cares about the world around them.
- Female, for a relationship
- Varied. I like folk, reggae and classical but tend mostly to go for alternative music: The Pogues, Pixies, Dead Kennedys, Leningrad, Gogol Bordello, The Clash, Tom Waits, Manu Chao
- Mostly non-fiction: philosophy (especially ontology, philosophy of science and social science), history, economics and politics. In fiction: Kafka, Garcia Marquez
- Movies & TV
- Prefer good directors like Tarksovsky, Parajanov, Bella Tarr, Wong Kar-Wei, Zhang Yimou, Park Chan-wook, Bong Joon-ho, Juzo Itami, Kurosawa, Greenaway, Ken Loach, Bergman, Christopher Nolan, Coen brothers to name a few. Documentaries: Bus 174, Pilger. On TV mostly news, Chaser, QI, Colbert Report.
- Not very much into sport, but enjoy watching cricket if anything. Try to keep up regular exercise, mostly jogging, but can't say I enjoy it, have to force myself.
- Other Interests
- I like eating out and travelling or bushwalking and seeing scenery.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if L812 is online now.
- Get to know L812 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 13 Dec '13