More than meets the eye.
So this isn't exactly how I pictured life to be at this stage but who has a crystal ball anyway, and life is all in the attitude! I'm a happy person, content with my work, close circle of friends and wonderful family.. I'm just looking for the right guy to be the proverbial cherry on the top!
Don't let my looks fool you, I was born in the North West - a down to earth Pilbara girl and certainly not a demure, submissive China doll. The best thing about growing up in a small town was the sense of community. However, as much as I appreciated that, there was also the need to get away - hence my love of travel! My most recent getaway was to New York - Hello Sandy!! Nice to meet you (not!). It's one of my fave places along with Hong Kong. The vibrancy and atmosphere of both are fantastic!! Still on my wish list is the Transiberian Railway and Turkey amongst others... the opportunity to learn about different cultures and visit other countries is something I'll never tire of. Prior to that holiday, I completed the Cape (Naturaliste) to Cape (Leeuwin) hike down South. Six nights of camping and seven days of glorious coastline.. it was an amazing experience!
Regardless of where I am, my love of food prevails. I love to cook (although not Chinese food strangely enough..) and I love to eat!! Gym, yoga and walking are all enjoyable activities but mostly they enable me to indulge ;-) and really, sharing a meal with a glass of wine and great conversation has got to be one of the best ways to spend time.
At a glance
|Summary||MarieB's details||MarieB's ideal partner|
|Age||42 years old||35 - 45 yrs old|
|Location||Perth, WA||Perth, WA|
|Height||5'4/162 cm||at least 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's||Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Scorpio Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
What I'm looking for
The type of guy that attracts me is upbeat and positive about life. Ideally he is intelligent and open minded to new experiences, cultures and curious about the world. Confident and loves to laugh. I believe everyone is at their best when they feel safe, secure, respected and loved.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I must confess, it's normally top 40 stuff on the radio, no JJJ or country or hard rock... Artists on my playlist range from Pink to Keane to Coldplay to Flo Rida to Frank Sinatra to Diana Krall to Adele and David Guetta!
- Currently reading 'The Hundred-Foot Journey' by Richard Morais - it's a novel set in the food world. Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra and Wayne Dyer for personal growth. Twilight and Harry Potter series for fun. Stieg Larsson for a kick ass heroine in Lisbeth Salander. Dean Koontz for a horror fix.
- Movies & TV
- TV: HIMYM, Scrubs, IT Crowd, Glee, True Blood, Spooks, 24, Fringe, Revenge, Greys Anatomy, Lie to Me, Mad Men, Masterchef, Survivor, Amazing Race Movies: Love Actually, Sense and Sensibility, LOTR trilogy, Anchorman, Gran Torino, Up, Leap Year, Up in the Air
- Hmmm, don't play much sport but enjoy yoga, hiking, going to the gym and walking anywhere by water. Enjoy AFL but don't follow it that closely and will always barrack for the Eagles!!
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if MarieB is online now.
- Get to know MarieB safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 04 Nov '13