A interesting headline should be here...
Self summaries... difficult. Lets see;
Me in a nutshell? Geologist. Geotech. Geek. Human... oh, and single!
I work as a geotechnical engineer in the mining industry, currently doing a 7 days on/7 days off FIFO roster in WA. I have found in the past that this can be difficult when it comes to relationships but i feel the right person will take it in their stride.
I enjoy cycling, kayaking and, after a 15 year break, i've started kickboxing again. Fun fun. :-)
I don't drink to get drunk, love reading non-fiction and enjoy pulling things apart to see how they work (my father still brings up the time i took the VCR apart as a kid... and couldn't get it back together again).
...and i've run out of things for now. I'll update more in time but if there is anything else you would like to know shoot me a message, i don't bite. :-)
EDIT: thought i should add something about religion in here after a few messages i've received. I fall into the strong agnostic/weak atheist camp. I'm not really interested in 'finding' God or Vishnu or Allah or Zeus. If you are a person of *strong* faith, that is awesome and we could certainly be friends... but we will likely never go any further. If you are of casual faith and not terribly bothered about my religious standpoint, no worries. :-)
Just a heads up to save some time. :-)
At a glance
|Summary||MattWA1981's details||MattWA1981's ideal partner|
|Age||32 years old||25 - 38 yrs old|
|Location||Perth, WA||Perth, WA|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|Height||6'1/185 cm||5'0/152 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Separated, Divorced, Single|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children, Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter||Left wing, No strong beliefs, Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Diploma, Degree, Some college, Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
Someone who is as big a geek as me, someone with opinions and the intelligence to defend them (and see the opposing view), a player of devils advocate, someone who is good at pub quizzes? Will think further and elucidate further in time.. :-)
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Name a genre and I've probably got a song from it I love, I'd like to listen to more jazz but I wouldn't know where to start. I listen to trance/house/dubstep dj sets when cycling, keeps the heart rate up! An emotionally played violin or piano will always bring me to a standstill.
- History, science, non-fiction
- Movies & TV
- Colbert Report and The Daily Show have been my favourites for a long while now but I also love QI, Game of Thrones, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Parks and Recreation, Mad Men, Mythbusters, anything with David Attenborough narrating... Gosh, took many others to list. :-) Oh, and Downton Abbey. :-/
- Cycling, kickboxing, kayaking... Would love to get into jogging/running but every time I change into my sneakers I hear my bikes softly sobbing in the spare room, and have to take one for a spin instead.
- Other Interests
- Face-palming at the state of political discourse, worrying about the rise of the fundamentalist right, playing with my super adorable nephew (soon to be joined by twin nieces, only a week or two to go!), technology of any type (I love new gadgets), oh... and imgur. Lawdy that place is a time sink!
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if MattWA1981 is online now.
- Get to know MattWA1981 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 03 Mar '14