A interesting headline should be here...
Self summaries... difficult. Lets see; Geologist. Geotech. Geek. Human... oh, and single!
I work as a geotechnical engineer in the mining industry, currently doing a 7 days on/7 days off FIFO roster in WA. I have found in the past that this can be difficult when it comes to relationships but i know the right person will take it in their stride.
I enjoy cycling, kayaking and, after a 15 year break, i've started kickboxing again. Fun fun. :-)
I don't drink to get drunk, love reading non-fiction and enjoy pulling things apart to see how they work (my father still brings up the time i took the VCR apart as a kid... and couldn't get it back together again).
...and i've run out of things for now. I'll update more in time but if there is anything else you would like to know shoot me a message, i don't bite. :-)
Update; I'm currently going through a beard growing phase. It happens from time to time, so just bear that in mind. :-)
At a glance
|Summary||MattWA1981's details||MattWA1981's ideal partner|
|Age||33 years old||25 - 38 yrs old|
|Location||Perth - Southern Suburbs, WA||Eastern Region, WA Perth - Southern Suburbs, WA Northern Region, WA Mandurah & Surrounds, WA Perth - Western Suburbs, WA Perth - Eastern Suburbs, WA Perth Hills, WA Perth - Northern Suburbs, WA Perth City, WA|
|Body type||Average||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|Height||6'1/185 cm||5'0/152 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Separated, Divorced, Widowed, Single|
|Have children||No, have no children||Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||No strong beliefs, Swinging voter, Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Degree, Some college, Diploma|
What I'm looking for
Someone who could relate to as big a geek as me (or at least tolerate.. haha), someone with opinions and the intelligence to defend them (and see the opposing view), a player of devil's advocate, someone who is good at pub quizzes? Will think further and elucidate further in time.. :-)
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Name a genre and I've probably got a song from it I love, I'd like to listen to more jazz but I wouldn't know where to start. I listen to trance/house/dubstep dj sets when cycling, keeps the heart rate up! An emotionally played violin or piano will always bring me to a standstill.
- History, science, non-fiction.
- Movies & TV
- Colbert Report and The Daily Show have been my favourites for a long while now but I also love QI, Game of Thrones, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Parks and Recreation, Mad Men, Mythbusters, anything with David Attenborough narrating... Gosh, took many others to list. :-) Oh, and Downton Abbey. :-/
- Cycling, kickboxing and have lately started trying to get into jogging. Not terribly good at it though, burns me to the ground whereas cycling doesn't bother me. Odd.
- Other Interests
- Face-palming at the state of political discourse, worrying about the rise of the fundamentalist right, playing with my super adorable nephew and nieces, technology of any type (I love new gadgets), oh... and imgur.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if MattWA1981 is online now.
- Get to know MattWA1981 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: