Sometimes I disregard the L and R markings on my headphones. You probably couldn't handle me.
Boy, 30 sure creeps up on you. One minute you're building forts, climbing trees, giggling at the word 'pianist', and then BAM! You're no longer 29. You're 30, and the weight of social and family expectation now rests heavy on your shoulders. Partner, kids, mortgage, career. And even if you're not quite there yet apparently your twenties were the foundation years - getting a few long term relationships under your belt, saving for a deposit, moving up the corporate ladder, responsible pet ownership, etc. Groundwork.
Did everyone else know about this? Am I the only one who arrived at 30 having never met quite the right person? Having kept my money in a current account instead of a high interest saver? Having recklessly chucked in a socially responsible career with international travel to stare at a computer all day contributing to the next GFC? Ok, that last one is a bit specific but you get my drift.
Don't freak out though - I'm not trying to catch up and tick the boxes, I'm just taking baby steps towards becoming a responsible adult. Giving this online dating thing ago, regularly watering my plants, preparing meals that don't come with microwave instructions. That kind of thing.
Maybe you're just like me or maybe you have all your ducks in a row. Whatever the case, you only have to be hysterically funny, devastatingly handsome, utterly charming, obscenely rich, thoughtful and generous.
I'm just kidding! You don't need to be thoughtful.
Ok, ok - just funny will do.
At a glance
|Summary||MizLav's details||MizLav's ideal partner|
|Age||31 years old||29 - 36 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - City, NSW||within 10km of Sydney 2000|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||5'6/167 cm - over 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own, Undecided|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
I'm looking for someone who has been educated in the finest schools, is fluent in several languages, sensitive and socially aware, and of course well versed in art, literature, philosophy and other noble disciplines. Because I'm not and I figure one of us should be...
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Calvin Harris, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Fray, Tori Amos, Dave Matthews. Select pop singles I will never admit to even under threat of death.
- Anything written by David Sedaris including his shopping list, credit card statement and anything else I find in his garbage bins. Also Stephen King, Nick Earls, Ian McEwan, Gregory Roberts (Shantaram) to name a few.
- Movies & TV
- I prefer tv to movies because they're shorter and I have the attention span of a - look, a bird! The Office US, Curb, Parks and Rec, The Wire, Louie, Sons of Anarchy, Peep Show, Family Guy, Seinfeld
- I love running and I am learning to play tennis. Although I show little skill for the latter, I make up for it by playing with reckless abandon and unbridled enthusiasm.
- Other Interests
- Well, I can talk about travel until your ears bleed, I like to bake (but I can't cook), and I enjoy outdoorsy stuff when I do it (e.g. hiking, rafting, snowboarding, kayaking, riding etc). Basically I'll do almost anything once but until I've done it twice I better not call it an interest.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if MizLav is online now.
- Get to know MizLav safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 18 May '13