With a head full of brains and shoes full of feet...
Hi. I might as well start with the quote I used as my 'headline'. It's from my favourite Dr Seuss story, and I guess its appeal to me says something about who I am in that dating-site-profile kind of way. I'm a good mix of optimism and realism bound together by perseverance.
Anyway, I am open-minded, I like to engage with the world around me. I like sharing and hearing opinions on things - politics, books, music, movies, science (I love those mind-bending docos on pandimensional astrophysics). I tend to over-punctuate and I talk like I write (ie parenthetically).
I'd prefer listening to the radio over watching TV, camping near a beach over lounging near a resort pool, pubs over clubs, pool over pokies, salt over sugar, although dark chocolate is among my vices.
I have two sons with whom I am lucky enough to spend a lot of time, so a lot of my recreation revolves around adventuring, exploring, experimenting and just having fun, really. I like it. They're both great kids and I'm fortunate to know them (a fortune I repay in domestic bondage, but never mind). I should add that I'm studying part-time, too.
I'm looking forward to getting to know people, to striking sparks. This will be fun.
At a glance
|Summary||Nevertheless's details||Nevertheless's ideal partner|
|Age||38 years old||18 - 120 yrs old|
|Location||St George, NSW||AUSTRALIA|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Scorpio Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Advertising / PR / Media|
What I'm looking for
Someone interested in the world around them, who forms opinions and likes to share them. Someone who likes sharing things in general, really...moments, thoughts, the latest song, quote or idea to grab them.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Love gigging and discovering new music. I regularly fall in passionate love with some song and tend to evangelise wildly for a while before falling all over again (atm it's Bragg/Wilco's 'Eisler on the Go'). Soul, R'n'B, '60s garage/psych, lo-fi, blues, rockabilly, blue grass, swing, Beethoven, jazz
- 1st chapter of The Man Who Was Thursday, Dickens, Orwell, Poe, Steinbeck, Huxley, Conrad, Wilde, R. Dahl, Kerouac. Hitchhikers' Guide, Fear & Loathing, Catch-22, Lone Wolf, Gatsby, The Corrections, Unbearable Lightness of Being, Dirt Music. Always looking for leads on contemporary fiction - anyone?
- Movies & TV
- I have preferences, but good company makes any film fun. Errol Morris, Coen bros, Scorsese, Kubrick, Lynch, Monty Python, Russ Meyers. I have heaps to catch up on, such as a Woody's films, a Kurosawa retrospective, Three Colours trilogy, Ken Loach. TV: vintage Brit comedy, SBS, ABC. New Twin Peaks!
- Watching: Test cricket, some NRL, Aust Open tennis. Participating: surfing, squash. I jog or skip because they're all I have time for, but I really love to swim laps. I also get co-opted into a fair bit of backyard cricket, the occasional frontyard cricket and quite a lot of loungeroom cricket.
- Other Interests
- Making pizza Friday nights accompanied by Ruben and the Jets and red wine, playing music, seeing live music. The weather. I love salt water, love the beach all year round even if only for the scenery and senses. I quite like standing under waterfalls too. Storms rev me up.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Nevertheless is online now.
- Get to know Nevertheless safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: