Specialising in tiny random moments of joy since '77
Life, huh. What's with having to make an effort? Well, I'm pretty happy with my actual life the way it is, but I think I have capacity for some extra happiness. A new hiking and fishing friend would be cool...
My standard mood is calm and happy, except when merde is actively in the process of contacting the fan. I like most of the people I've met in my life.
I have one of those analytical type personalities where the upside is that I'm basically impossible to offend and happy to talk about anything, and the downside is that I can come across as seeming detached. There's a soft girly affectionate streak lying around somewhere as well. I keep forgetting where I put it. I don't keep secrets and I find a lot of things amusing (not always when appropriate to be laughing unfortunately). I'm not all that interested in some of the normal life criteria (ie white picket fence and giant 4WD...) but would like a true partnership based on the other stuff which is important to me, including loyal friendship, independence and mutual respect, sharing fun stuff, and maybe chickens.
I like gardens and wilderness (but plants are allergic to me, so it is best if I go visit them in their natural habitat). What else? Hmm. If you know your way around differential equations, that could be handy.
...and if you want to know more, then you know what to do!
At a glance
|Summary||Nightcat's details||Nightcat's ideal partner|
|Age||37 years old||34 - 40 yrs old|
|Location||Brisbane, QLD||within 75km of Brisbane 4000|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Widowed, Divorced|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's|
|Religion||Atheist||Atheist, Buddhist, Other, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aquarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Some college, Post Graduate, Diploma|
What I'm looking for
Just someone who is articulate, self aware and still hanging onto a bit of a sense of wonder about the world. Bonus points for knowing your way around an apostrophe, not having 'my family' stickers on your car, enjoying my company, or not mentioning jetskis more than once in your profile.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Lots of things: funk, soul and blues; folk, indie, novelty English punk, swing. Certain local bands and 4ZZZ on Sunday mornings. Live music in small venues with reasonably priced beer. Lyrics over tunes.
- A bit of 'modern fiction', a bit of scifi/fantasy but seem to be growing out of that, a bit of non-fiction, and recently some engineering textbooks* (*enjoyment of textbooks limited).
- Movies & TV
- The occasional comedy, documentary, news. For movies, have high tolerance for Z-grade scifi, anything based on a comic book, otherwise escapist action and also the occasional arthouse.
- Strictly spectator for any team sport (soccer and union). I only do yoga and hiking. Have recently taken up running, or maybe I should refer to it as jogging.
- Other Interests
- I like moseying around looking at nature - more into trees and mountains than beaches. So fishing, hiking, camping, travelling. I also like opera, museums, galleries and contemporary dance (but I already have chick friends for that stuff). Can do sport + beer or art + wine.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Nightcat is online now.
- Get to know Nightcat safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: