Because two is probably better than one.
I've just realised that I'm unlikely to be surprised by the perfect guy walking through the door of my office while I'm working back late (not least as the doors are locked), and I may actually have to make an effort myself somewhere along the line. So au revoir, comfort zone.
I have no baggage and am basically friendly - I like most of the people I've ever met. I have one of those analytical personalities where the upside is that I'm basically impossible to offend and happy to talk about anything, and the downside is that I can come across as seeming detached. There's a soft girly affectionate streak lying around somewhere as well. I don't keep secrets and I find a lot of things amusing (not always when appropriate to be laughing unfortunately). I'm not all that interested in some of the normal life criteria (ie white picket fence and giant 4WD) but would like a true partnership based on the other stuff which is important to me, including loyal friendship, independence and mutual respect.
On a weekend you might find me chasing bush turkeys out of my garden with a large stick, at Bunnings buying tiny seedlings that will almost inevitably die in a few days from possum or turkey assault anyway, walking around in the bush, or having a quiet sunday session with friends.
I'm pretty happy with life the way it is, but sharing happiness would be nice too. A new hiking and fishing friend would be super nice...it's just not the same on your own.
At a glance
|Summary||Nightcat's details||Nightcat's ideal partner|
|Age||36 years old||34 - 39 yrs old|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Separated, Widowed, Divorced|
|Have children||No, have no children||Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's|
|Religion||Atheist||Atheist, Buddhist, Agnostic, Other|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aquarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Diploma, Post Graduate, Degree, Some college|
What I'm looking for
Someone who knows themselves and is content with their life; who can take joy in little things and doesn't sweat the big things. And someone who likes me, obviously, but of course you won't know if you do yet. Ideally, someone who's great company for travel and music too.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Lots of things: funk, soul and blues; folk, indie, novelty English punk, swing. Certain local bands and 4ZZZ on Sunday mornings. Live music in small venues with reasonably priced beer. Lyrics over tunes.
- A bit of 'modern fiction', a bit of scifi/fantasy but seem to be growing out of that, a bit of non-fiction, and recently some engineering textbooks* (*enjoyment of textbooks limited).
- Movies & TV
- The occasional comedy, documentary news. For movies, love a Z-grade scifi from the 1970s, anything based on a comic book I read when I was 12, otherwise escapist action or occasional arthouse.
- Strictly spectator for any team sport (soccer and union). I only do yoga and hiking. Used to do martial arts but that's many moons ago now.
- Other Interests
- I like moseying around looking at nature - more into trees and mountains than beaches. So fishing, hiking, camping, travelling. I also like opera, museums, galleries and contemporary dance (but I already have chick friends for that stuff). Can do sport + beer or art + wine.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Nightcat is online now.
- Get to know Nightcat safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 19 May '13