Birds flying high, you know how I feel...
It's pretty simple, isn't it?
I love my family and my friends (and children and animals and books). I'm balanced and smart and happy in my own skin. I am authentic and I expect that in a partner.
I've explored. I haven't waited for life to get to me. I have trekked Africa and the Middle East and India. I have lived in Paris and London and Kuala Lumpur. I have written two award-winning novels.
I love a good conversation. I have a Masters degree in Philosophy. I am affectionate and passionate and creative. I love to laugh. Laughing is good. So is food. And wine. And coffee... (I am disproporionately excited when I find a new restaurant I like. Though I like to cook too.)
I have a scruffy puppy called Freddy Honeychurch and a Burmese cat named after Aung San Suu Kyi (well, Suki - she will never win the Nobel Peace Prize due to major anger management issues). I collect ravens. Not real ones, that would be weird. Sculptures, paintings. There's one that sits on my bookshelf that was once a piece of installation art in Berlin.
I have a full life, and I'm appreciative and grateful for that. I read, I research, I explore. I am engaged in my life, I like to know what's going on in the world (never used my journalism degree, but the curiousity that led me to do it has never left me). Travel is sort of an addiction (and my only one). I enjoy current affairs and politics (as long as I don't have to actually run for parliament) and art and theatre. I like to keep fit and push myself, but I also like to sleep in when it's rainy and on Sundays. I care about the planet I live on, and I know why I should. I'm not entirely sure why I'm giving internet dating a go, except it seemed a good idea after a lot of advice from girlfriends and a substantial amount of wine. Hmmm.
At a glance
|Summary||NinaCat's details||NinaCat's ideal partner|
|Age||40 years old||35 - 45 yrs old|
|Height||5'5/165 cm||5'9/175 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Sign of the Zodiac||Leo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
Be honest. And kind. And ready for what the world has to offer. Be open to possibilities. Be loving and respectful. A guy who was handy and could fix things and change lightbulbs and have a clever conversation as well and cook would be well on the way to most excellent...
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Ah, whatever the mood is. Music speaks to us all at different times in different ways. I love lyrics. So I guess I'm driven by that, and it doesn't matter what the genre is.
- Oh hell yes. I write, therefore I read. I love really good literature, the beautiful play with words and stories that move and stir something within. The latest Booker Prize winner to research on WWII Paris to Harry Potter. Or Winnie the Pooh. And Dr Seuss. I blame the children for the latter.
- Movies & TV
- TV, not so much. I am occasionally sucked into cooking shows and HBO come out with some cracking concepts at times. Movies - so little discretion (as opposed to my literature) - Tarantino to Zoolander. I can't watch horror. I have a writer's imagination. Not good in the dark.
- I competed in dressage. I used to run half-marathons. Not well. Pretty slowly, actually. But I still love running. I do it a couple of times a week. I like watching quite a bit of sport, but I prefer doing solo sports to team ones. Rock climbing is fun.
- Other Interests
- Reading, writing, travel, food. Time with family and friends. Adventures. I have an advanced scuba diving licence. I've trekked to see mountain gorillas in Africa, bungee jumped, white-water rafted... you get the idea. I give everything a go once.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if NinaCat is online now.
- Get to know NinaCat safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: