You may not be given a choice about what life sends your way. But you can choose how you react to it.
Well, I'm here for the same reason you are: hoping to find someone I can enjoy life with. I'm a bloke who is somewhat shy when first meeting people but soon warms up to making light-hearted conversation and sharing my dry humour and observations on life and humanity. I like spending time with people who are easy going and accepting of others' quirks and eccentricities.
At the risk of sounding like every other male on this site, I am a generous and caring soul, as well as being honest (well, everyone tells white lies or exaggerates their exploits, but let's put that aside for a moment...). I also confess that I can be somewhat awkward and taciturn when meeting people (particularly attractive women) but after a short time I open up and become a more engaging character.
At a glance
|Summary||Orwell84's details||Orwell84's ideal partner|
|Age||29 years old||21 - 33 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - South, NSW|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Slim, Average, A bit overweight|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced, Separated, Widowed|
|Have children||No, have no children||Yes, have children living at home, No, have no children|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Religion||Born Again Christian||Jewish, Catholic, Other Christian, Other, Agnostic, Born Again Christian, Anglican|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter||Swinging voter, No strong beliefs, Right wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Leo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Job role||Admin / Clerical / Secretarial|
What I'm looking for
I am interested in women who can appreciate a dry sense of humour, like to do activities rather than visit nightclubs, and who won't judge a man by his wallet rather than his character (had a bad experience or two there...).
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- No specific genres - my music collection ranges from heavy metal to Icehouse to Enya. If I like it or I'm in the mood for it, I listen to it. There is a trend towards 1980s - 90s music though.
- I'm an avid reader who tends toward histories (of all periods), with exploration, politics and religion thrown in. Favourite fiction includes Dune, Lord of the Rings, Robert Heinlein, Tom Clancy, various historical and science fiction books.
- Movies & TV
- Again, a range of genres. Favourite movies include Training Day, Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back, Clint Eastwood's work, Predator / Predators, Gladiator, and Serenity. I don't watch TV as such, but Rome, Firefly, the Chasers and the Pacific are my favourite TV series.
- Don't particularly like watching sport. I do at least an hour's walking a day, and as for organised sports I've I'd be willing to try anything with a new (girl)friend.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Orwell84 is online now.
- Get to know Orwell84 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 07 Mar '14