Nice guy seeks nice girl. It's as simple as that.
I am an educated, professional who is stubbornly reluctant to relinquish the reckless impulsiveness of youth. I have a love of words and language, classic styling, reading, art, architecture, photography, art-house movies, intelligent conversation and childish banter. I am more "city" than "suburban", but love a weekend country drive. I like things of quality over quantity, yet I can recognise the beauty in the gaudy and the kitsch. I like to dress well, can hold a conversation with the Queen, or the plumber, and know how to hold a knife and fork (even if there are more than one of each on the table). I know how to use a fountain pen and a hammer-drill, but doubt I would be much use in a pub brawl. I love food when shared with friends, family and wine, and find cooking with a glass in one hand and some music in the background an enjoyable way to pass the time. I am intelligent and well travelled, which provides me with a sound foundation from which to have a lively discussion or spirited debate, coloured with a healthy degree of cynicism, wit and maybe the odd expletive. I am broad minded, non-judgmental and willing to hear a counter argument. I have my own business, but try not to let it consume all my time. I am not into mystics, gurus or anything "spiritual" and I have never had a need for a star-sign. I am single, have no kids and am looking for a relationship.
At a glance
|Summary||PedroTheBoatBuilder's details||PedroTheBoatBuilder's ideal partner|
|Age||47 years old||35 - 45 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - City, NSW||within 25km of Sydney 2000|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially|
|Relationship status||Single||Divorced, Single|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Ethnic/cultural background||East European, North European, Asian, Other Caucasian|
|Religion||Atheist||Other, Agnostic, Atheist|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Some college|
|Job role||Business Owner|
What I'm looking for
A woman for a relationship and willingness to share with me the everyday, the extraordinary and the myriad of life's adventures in between.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- From Bowie; Roxy Music; Velvet Underground; Joy Division; Ramones; Smiths, Specials; Costello; Cure; Saints; Radio Birdman; Go Betweens; Triffids; Sunnyboys; Nick Cave; through to Portishead and Massive Attack; mixed with some old blues, the rare newer tune and "curious" noisy vinyl treasures.
- Quality fiction, often from the Man-Booker nominees. Jonathan Franzen's 'The Corrections' would be on my 'island list', as would 'Catch 22' and 'The Picture of Dorian Grey', together with some science, philosophy, newspapers, a style manual and the Macquarie Dictionary.
- Movies & TV
- If I do watch TV, it is usually news or current affairs related, Lateline, Insiders etc. My favourite movies are intelligent, clever or challenging such as: Fargo; American Beauty; Pulp Fiction; My Life As A Dog; Being There; In Brugge and Amelie.
- Cycling, walking, Ashes cricket on the radio and the odd game of rugby on the TV at the pub.
- Other Interests
- I enjoy good food, great wine, time with family and friends, cooking and intelligent and witty conversation. I like reading and a lazy Saturday morning with the papers and the perfect cup of coffee. I love big cities and long drives, new words and old jokes.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if PedroTheBoatBuilder is online now.
- Get to know PedroTheBoatBuilder safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 23 May '13