Ever thought about 'live-ing' overseas? Well in Sept '14, I decided to actually 'live the dream' - and so far, every day of it ... has been 'surreal'!
Rather than stay in one place, I decided on extended periods, in various countries.
~ first 3 months were on the Greek island of Naxos - could happily live there!
~ now in Split, Croatia - wonderful, vibrant, highly liveable city & country;
~ next, France & Bergamo, Italy;
~ thereafter ??;
~ July '15, back to Oz - to put my 'stuff' into storage ... 'indefinitely'!
That sorted, Sept '15 -> South America? -> back to Europe? -> the possibilities are virtually endless.
Perhaps 'we' will decide!
What is extraordinary, it's all very affordable!
So ... Why am I on RSVP?
Well, wonderful as it has been - I have missed having a female companion.
~ of like mind & interests, who will similarly savour the journey;
~ to share the 'Wow!' moments - encountered every day;
~ who appreciates the sheer pleasure - of experiencing other cultures, languages, customs ... and of course, great food & wine!
Aside from the info in my profile ... Who / what am I?
~ a 'traveller', not a 'tourist';
~ an observer of people - what makes them 'different' & interesting;
~ a perpetual student;
~ an intelligent, health conscious, outgoing & sensitive person with a dry, quick sense of humour;
~ and I enjoy stimulating conversation, preferring it to 'the superficial'.
Have no fear ... I'm a gentle-man!
So what's the 'deal'?
~ your accommodation is 'free'!
~ you pay for your airfares, meals & other expenses;
~ no obligation to stay any longer than you want to;
~ equal say in day-to-day decisions, etc.
I suggest we initially 'get acquainted' via email & Skype.
Whether I find a 'kindred spirit', or not - I am going to continue my 'Odyssey'.
Why not join me?
After all ... we have but one life to 'live'!
C'mon ... what have you got to lose?
If you're genuinely interested - send me an email
At a glance
|Summary||Plato2's details||Plato2's ideal partner|
|Age||68 years old||58 - 65 yrs old|
|Location||Mid North Coast, NSW||AUSTRALIA|
|Body type||Slim||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Sagittarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||High School|
|Industry||Hospitality / Tourism / Travel|
What I'm looking for
~ someone of like mind & interests - who will similarly savour every minute of our journey; ~ someone to share the 'Wow' moments - encountered every day; ~ someone who appreciates the sheer pleasure - of experiencing other cultures, languages, customs ... and of course, food & wine!
- Female, for dating or friendship
- Just about everything ... depending on the mood & situation - classical, jazz, blues, folk, 'world'/ethnic, instrumantal, rock to background/meditational.
- Semi-historical novels [James Michener, Bryce Courtenay, E Annie Proux, Wilbur Smith] ... I sometimes have 4 to 5 novels in various stages at a time - from 'Conversations With God' to 'Who-dunnits' [eg PD James] & 'Adventure'serious geo-political subjects.
- Movies & TV
- Ideally foreign [Under the Tuscan Sun, Chocolat, Kolya] ... but I also enjoy light-hearted films [Hitch, Groundhog Day, Blues Brothers] and films from other sources, as long as they involve & make me think eg 'What Dreams May Come'/Ghost/Green Mile]
- Observer of most ... used-to-be-participant of few
- Other Interests
- Life in general ... it's all good! Walking ... observing life's experiences ... the outcomes of my choices. Understanding it all ... from the physical ... to the metaphysical.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Plato2 is online now.
- Get to know Plato2 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 26 Jan '15