Lover of food, wine, comedy, intelligent conversation, sunshine, the outdoors, coffee, friends, family & interesting new people. Dislikes sport (yep!).
Just arrived in glorious Melbourne and looking for friendships as much as relationships. No, really! And it turns out Melbourne is great at all the things I love (see below).
So, let's start with the kind of thing I'm not looking for..
"Hiya!! erm dunno know what to say about myself really... ha ha... I'm easy going, fun lovin', bubbly and love a good giggle!! I've lived in London for three years now and like going to the cinema or out to the bars with the girlie's...."
OK, so I made that all up, but if I hadn't, I would have died of boredom already. Such appalling grammar and overzealous use of exclamation marks makes me feel a bit nauseous. It doesn't matter if you are stunningly attractive, I'm just not interested in vacuous types - life's too short to be dull.
I am looking for someone to share the funny side of life with and to care passionately for, even when we're old and haggard and our genitalia has mutated into a wrinkled mess.
So, I'm slightly cynical (did you notice?), quite messy (but not unclean - big difference) and neither very blokey nor sporty. I would rather choke to death on my own vomit than be forced to watch A Question Of Sport*.
*terrible UK panel game show comprised of simpleton football players, athletes etc.
My great passions in life are good food, good wine, good friends, good family (can't really control that one), good humour, good conversation and good times (did I say good enough?). I love new experiences and meeting people with something interesting to say for themselves. I can be romantic, charming and fun, but also dry and controversial when things get dull (or when I realise I have inadvertently surrounded myself with people whose idea of sophistication is debating who's shagged who in Geordie / Jersey Shore).
At a glance
|Summary||PrisonerOfherMajesty's details||PrisonerOfherMajesty's ideal partner|
|Age||32 years old||21 - 33 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - City, VIC||AUSTRALIA|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'6/167 cm - 5'11/180 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aquarius Check compatibility »|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
Intelligence turns her on. Mediocrity turns her off. We can make each other laugh really hard. Fun but not "bubbly" (read fat / irritating). Realises life is too short to be high maintenance. Avoids clichÃ©s. Neither "nice" nor selfish. Gives as good as she gets. Doesn't work in recruitment.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Indie folk / acoustic / US jam bands etc. e.g. Mumford and Sons, Fleet Foxes, Noah & The Whale. Stuff from 60s and 70s - Dylan, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Carole King, Eagles, Bob Marley etc
- (Slowly) working my through the Guardian's 100 greatest novels of all time. Read mainly journals such as The Economist, Wired, FT, WSJ and Decanter (UK wine mag).
- Movies & TV
- Love sitcoms. UK favourites include The Office, Peep Show, The Thick Of It, Extras, Brass Eye, Whites, Saxondale, Rev. US: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Portlandia. Quite enjoyed Summer Heights High too.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if PrisonerOfherMajesty is online now.
- Get to know PrisonerOfherMajesty safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 01 Jul '13