If you looking for a funny, smart, sexy lady with a love of travel and the outdoors, then go no further.
Once upon a time, there was a little girl from Gloucester in England who longed to travel. Well you would if you knew what Gloucester was like in the early 1970s. It was big in the 11th century (a couple of English Kings are buried in its cathedral and Harry Potter was filmed there too!) but many a pint of Somerset cider has been consumed since then. So when the little girl was older she went travelling 'round Europe for a year but that didn't end her wanderlust. So she headed off to India, Nepal, China and Thailand for a year (highlight - walking to Everest Base Camp without porter or guide - she did get lost a couple of times though), finally ending up in Sydney. She only meant to stay for a few months but fell in love in Sydney (well you would if you knew Gloucester in the 1990s). So there she stayed and lived happily ever after. Well mostly but hey that's life.
Yes, surprise the little girl is me - Redshoes23 (my favourite film ). Since arriving in Sydney, I've acquired a law degree and just completed a Masters. I also have a beautiful daughter. Have a great group of friends who I love spending time with. I have a demanding yet interesting government job (is that an oxymoron?). I've fallen in love with the Aussie outback and regularly go on bushwalks and camping trips with friends. With my daughter still young, my travels have been put on hold but I have managed to squeeze in trips to Cambodia, Vietnam, Bali, Mexico and done a few longer walks in New Zealand (Milford Track, Kepler - stunning). Apart from that I fear I'm a bit of a cliche - love the movies, reading ('Wolf Hall' I enjoyed and got totally immersed in 'The Game of Thrones') eating out in Sydney, hunting out new pubs, drinking 'good' coffee and trying new activities.
At a glance
|Summary||Redshoes23's details||Redshoes23's ideal partner|
|Age||48 years old||40 - 55 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW||AUSTRALIA|
|Body type||Slim||A bit overweight, Average|
|Height||5'7/170 cm||at least 5'5/165 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Divorced, Separated, Single|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree|
What I'm looking for
Someone who is intelligent, has opinions, is passionate about what he believes in. Someone I can have a conversation with. I might regret typing this..but someone who is a little quirky (no pictures of your dead pet rabbit please). Sense of humour a must and a love of the outdoors would be a bonus.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I have a very eclectic taste in music - just ask my friends. I like what music says about a particular period in time. Partial to bit of classical music but at the same time I'm loving Macklemore and Lewis and of Monsters and Men. Also like something I can dance to. Eclectic - see I told you.
- Like to read and with my Masters recently completed, I'm indulging in reading for pleasure. Having done an arts degree, I like the classics (Hardy, Austen etc.) but am also quite partial to a good page turner - loving the "Game of Thrones' series. Also like the 'Guardian Weekly'.
- Movies & TV
- I love the movies. Some oldies but goodies include On the Waterfront, Man for all Seasons, Get Carter - 1970s version!. Recent favourites include Whiplash, Pride, Interstellar, Lincoln, Red Dog - gotta love Red Dog. Like nearly everyone, addicted to Game of Thrones and got into The Vikings.
- I like bushwalking, swimming, cycling and kayaking. Just getting into paddle boarding and looking forward to practising now the weather is warming up. Also have become a bit of gym junkie over the last few months too. Don't tend to watch a lot of sport on TV, preferring to go and watch it live.
- Other Interests
- My gorgeous daughter, of course. As well as the outdoors, I also like going to the theatre, art exhibitions, eating out, hunting out new pubs and seeing live bands. I have a particular love of history even I must confess extending to 'Time Team'.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Redshoes23 is online now.
- Get to know Redshoes23 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: