"Computer dating is fine, if you're a computer"-Rita Mae Brown
I have recently been described as "funny", "smart", "grounded", "having ambition", "has it together" and apparently I smell good. And I swear to God I'm not making any of that up. I can bust out the robot to some bad-ass eighties tune on the D-floor but I can also justify why I like or dislike a piece of art, either classical or modern...or maybe even post-modern.
I moved over to Sydney for work and so far have been digging Sydney. I work as a paralegal and I'm learning lots of things for when I become a solicitor. I have some great workmates and so that makes my work really enjoyable.
I read more literature in my early twenties than most people read in their lifetime and that has rubbed off a bit too but I'm more about experiences than thought nowadays but that's not to say I'm thoughtless about life or people either.
One of my friends met her partner through online dating so I thought I'd give this a try and see what happens.
I'd like to find someone that I can have a lazy Sunday afternoon at the pub with, maybe do new things with (I still want to learn how to dance the tango-it would be so awesome to bust out at a formal occasion at least once in your life,) and grow with. A lover, a companion, and a friend.
At the end of the day, I'm a simple man and all I want is to hold and be held. (Does that make you vomit? haha!)
At a glance
|Summary||RolloStanley's details||RolloStanley's ideal partner|
|Age||30 years old||25 - 29 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - East, NSW||within 25km of Paddington 2021|
|Body type||Slim||Athletic, Slim, A bit overweight, Average|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Social, Private, Average|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aries Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
You, and you know who you are.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- A Tribe Called Quest; Faithless; The Avalanches; "Underneath the Radar"; Stan Getz; Kind of Blue (album); Ravel; Debussy; The Smiths; My Bloody Valentine; The Pixies; The Romeo + Juliet Soundtrack; the UK hip-hop that my friend plays which I forget; the dripping piano notes of Chopin's nocturnes
- Most of what Dostoyevsky has written; The Virgin Suicides; Hemingway; The Great Gatsby; The Flowers of Evil; "After Apple Picking" by Frost; Wuthering Heights; ancient philosophy; "As I lay dying" by Faulkner; Sydney Morning Herald; 1001 nights; "The Raven" by Poe; Moby-Dick; a few novels by Conrad
- Movies & TV
- The English Patient; Empire Records; Rake; Young Einstein; Dazed & Confused; American Beauty; Point Break; The Red Violin; Three Colours Trilogy; The Decalogue; Most of Kubrick's films; Apocalypse Now; Before Sunrise; Mighty Boosh; Black Books; In the Name of the Father; The Maltese Falcon; Brick
- Swimming; weights so I can hog all the buff; I walk a lot (does that count?); watching AFL (Sydney Swans now...); watching the Australian Open; learning the rules of rugby (there's not much rugby in Adelaide) but what I watch so far, I like.
- Other Interests
- Watching toasters toast and waiting for water to boil.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if RolloStanley is online now.
- Get to know RolloStanley safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: