I live by two mottos: know thyself and seize the day.
As you might have guessed "Rollo Stanley" is a combination of two things: the name of my first dog as a kid growing up and the name of the street that I grew up on. And no, I don't moonlight as one of those kinds of "actors" in my spare time.
Been digging Glebe since about mid this year. Have tried other 'burbs (and inner city) but really like the eclectic crowd and the hip, hip coffee shops and small bars, especially a more relaxed vibe at times.
I'm bit of a foodie and wino, but I don't go on about the subtle notes of blah, blah. The appreciation of such pleasures came with growing up in Adelaide and having ready access to great wine and cheeses.
I'm a big reader. I have been since my early twenties when I studied a BA. I'm big on the classics, history, biographies, philosophy, and art, and all that kind of stuff. I have been labeled 'well read' and 'cultured' in the past but I'm more about the simple life now.
Music! Love it. Eclectic taste but I particularly enjoy hopping on the D-Floor and doing some damage and enjoying the music with my body. I also have a few friends who play in bands and I enjoy getting out and seeing live music too.
I'm keen on exercising regularly and running around my local park. It's a great way to tune out and think (or not think) about stuff, even though some people find running around in circles boring! Add to that the fact that I'm also a big walker. "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time".
I work as a solicitor and I also do pro bono work down at Kings Cross so I've also got something of a social conscience too. I love analyzing the law and coming up with solutions to problems. I'm looking forward to being a barrister, making arguments in court and challenging the rules where they should be challenged.
At a glance
|Summary||RolloStanley's details||RolloStanley's ideal partner|
|Age||31 years old||25 - 29 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Inner West, NSW||Within 25km of his|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Athletic|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours, Want (more) children of my own|
|Personality||Social||Social, Very Social|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aries Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
I'd like a woman who knows how to laugh and get on that wave length where only we two know just how funny our own jokes actually are, whilst the rest of the world looks at us in total bemusement. But we just don't care, because we're having too much fun to care what the world thinks about us.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- A Tribe Called Quest; Faithless; M83; The Avalanches; "Underneath the Radar"; Stan Getz; Kind of Blue (album); Ravel; Debussy; Purity Ring; My Bloody Valentine; The Pixies; Romeo + Juliet Soundtrack; the UK hip-hop that my friend plays which I forget; the dripping piano notes of Chopin's nocturnes
- Most of what Dostoyevsky has written; The Virgin Suicides; Hemingway; The Great Gatsby; The Flowers of Evil; "After Apple Picking" by Frost; Wuthering Heights; ancient philosophy; "As I lay dying" by Faulkner; Sydney Morning Herald; 1001 nights; "The Raven" by Poe; Moby-Dick; a few novels by Conrad
- Movies & TV
- The English Patient; Empire Records; Rake; Young Einstein; Dazed & Confused; American Beauty; Point Break; The Red Violin; Three Colours Trilogy; The Decalogue; Most of Kubrick's films; Apocalypse Now; Before Sunrise; Mighty Boosh; Black Books; In the Name of the Father; The Maltese Falcon; Brick
- I run a lot and do weights but I've got an old knee injury from basketball ages ago so no more twisting and bending knees for me! But the sports that I'm into are AFL, tennis, and basketball...slowly getting into rugby...prefer Union over League...
- Other Interests
- Watching toasters toast and waiting for water to boil.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if RolloStanley is online now.
- Get to know RolloStanley safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 14 Dec '14