Carlsberg don't make women, but if they did...
Life out here seems to present random, fun things to do to occupy most of my time and I have a pathological fear of missing out and an inability to say no. This means that life can be expensive and tiring, but as Oscar Wilde once said 'anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination' and in the immortal words of Jon Bon Jovi 'I'll sleep when I'm dead'.
If you get past the polite facade you'll find that I'm rarely serious and often find humour where I probably shouldn't. Travel has meant that my friends are from all over the world and as random as can be, mainly sharing the same desire to make the most of life.
I'm more into experiences than possessions, more outdoors than indoors, more window seat than aisle seat, more camping than 5-star, more natural than false, more sun than shade, more rock than pop, more dogs than cats, more spontaneity than schedule, more rugged than clean-cut (you not me!) .
There isn't much I dislike with the possible exceptions of RnB, Fanta and Golf, but I'm generally pretty open-minded and adaptable.
Recently back from an extended holiday through India, Nepal, and South America and I'm looking forward to rediscovering Sydney and all it offers. I love Australia and I'm here to stay.
At a glance
|Summary||SheLovesSea's details||SheLovesSea's ideal partner|
|Age||33 years old||33 - 42 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - East, NSW||Sydney - East, NSW|
|Height||5'7/170 cm||at least 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||IT / Telecoms|
What I'm looking for
I've given up trying to work out what I'm looking for, as people are so different and everyone has something interesting to offer. I'd prefer someone who doesn't take himself (or me) seriously at all, and who is not so similar to me that I can't learn a thing or two.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I like bands, gigs, festivals, especially Glastonbury, britpop, Arctic Monkeys, Presets, The Strokes, Chilis, Pearl Jam, Muse, Fleet Foxes, Arcade Fire. Getting strangely more into dance music after a recent crazy trip to Ibiza for friends' wedding.
- Favourites recently are One Day and The Room. I like Pride and Prejudice and other latter day chicklit. Lionel Shriver, Ian McEwan, Jeffrey Eugenides. The Guardian is my paper of choice when possible.
- Movies & TV
- There is a TV in my house and it works.. so I'm told. I like most movie genres including the odd cheesy horror or comedy. Things that make me laugh: South Park, Flight of the Conchords, League of Gentlemen, The Hangover, Big Lebowski.
- Running (along the coast or on the beach), kayaking, surfing, hiking, cycling, snowboarding, diving, generally being outdoors and in the water. p.s. just because I do these things from time to time doesn't mean that I'm any good at them!
- Other Interests
- Travel; anywhere, everywhere, often, more remote and the more different the culture the better. Highlights so far: India, Nepal, Bolivia, Patagonia, China, Sumatra, Fiji, Rome. Like food and drink of all varieties. Learning Spanish.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if SheLovesSea is online now.
- Get to know SheLovesSea safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: