...but a good heart and keen mind will change that.
If you're looking for Mr. Right, I am not for you - I'm often wrong.
If you're looking for tall, dark and handsome, I am not for you - and no, I will not get a fake tan, go under a knife...or wear stilts.
If none of the above brought at least a smile to your face, I am not for you - I'm strange and I won't apologise for it.
If you're closed-minded, I am not for you - anything is possible.
If you're intolerant, I am not for you - all of nature is varied.
If you're impatient, I am not for you - take a breath, it's good for you.
If you don't like children or animals, I am not for you - need I say more?
On the other hand...
If you have a keen mind and find a topical discussion or debate good sport...
If you are a little wacky at times and/or don't mind someone who is...
If you prefer small groups to large crowds, yet occasionally have the urge to get lost in a sea of anonymous humanity...
If when someone says 'normal', you think 'define normal'...
If you're not scared of a guy who likes to experiment with food and keep house...
If you've ever yelled 'buk-buk-baGAWWWK' in a crowded shopping centre...
You may be for me.
FOOTNOTE: Just like you, I am not my star signs - in fact, don't be surprised if many of my supposed traits and tendencies turn out to be reality's opposite. In particular, I am by nature neither an 'alpha personality' nor a 'social butterfly'. Proof that life and love can never be truly quantified? Discuss.
At a glance
|Summary||ShyToBeginWith's details||ShyToBeginWith's ideal partner|
|Age||39 years old||27 - 42 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - West, VIC||within 75km of Melbourne 3000|
|Body type||Slim||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|Height||5'1/154 cm||at most 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Single, Divorced|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|Wants children||Undecided||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own, Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours, Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Personality||Private||Private, Very Private, Average|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aquarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Non-drinker||Non-drinker, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Some college|
What I'm looking for
I want seriously interested, not looking for a quick fix. I want a life partner, someone who will actually be there for me when I need them and allow me to do likewise. I want a human, not a mannequin. I care for a rich mind, not a full purse. I expect the same expectations from a potential partner.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Music is like all tastes, it is varied and changes over time. The only absolute constants in my music tastes are that it is different, clever, moving, worth singing and doesn't repeat too much - if I want to hear it again, I'll play it again, Sam.
- My reading tastes are less fluid, but books of the same genre come in wonderful flavours: fantasy, adventure, crime/mystery, horror and thriller (esp. medical/psychological). Favourite books by Matthew Riley, Clive Barker, Stephen King, Eric L. Harry, Tess Gerritsen and of course J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Movies & TV
- I own several TV's; all have pride-of-place gathering dust in my garage, though I do have a range of favourite series' of much the same genres as my booklist. I watch one new movie about every 6 weeks as a family ritual - what we watch is usually by consensus and therefore nicely varied.
- I've never been 'sporty' as such, but I'm not a couch potato; I prefer a walk up a mountain, track or no. I also like to climb trees. See a theme developing here? Adrenaline rush up, breathtaking view below. I lift weights for strength, not looks.
- Other Interests
- I've spent much of my life mucking about with computers, but again tastes change and I lately find myself savouring... wait for it... sewing. Costumes for a pending cosplay currently, but art is never so linear that my scope will remain so limited. Creativity in many forms is a Good Thing(TM).
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if ShyToBeginWith is online now.
- Get to know ShyToBeginWith safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 08 Sep '13