Green thumbs, brown eyes, a warm heart, deep thinking and....playful.
Passionate about the environment, sustainability and social justice. Easily engaged with personal stories, I love to understand what makes people tick. I really value friends from different backgrounds and walks of life, treasure spending time with my young adult son, and enjoy children in general.
I'm warm, direct, down-to earth and practical, which I attribute to being raised on a farm. Having lived in the city for most of my adult life, I maintain a connection to nature through camping, bushwalking and gardening, and I would like to explore more National parks and beautiful places. On the other hand, I also love the diversity and bounty of the city.
I value generous affection, closeness, and time shared, but I also value independent time.
And I'm not all serious - often quite playful - and can sometimes be a bit of a practical joker, enjoying playful pillow fights and non-competitive games, stuff that makes me laugh.
Work as a manager, but started on the floor. Trained in horticulture, but work in manufacturing. Essentially a feminist, and really like the company of (thoughtful) men.
Currently living and working in Sydney, I'm also open to a country alternative. I also have strong connections with family and friends in Victoria.
At a glance
Click on the details below to edit
SilverWattle's ideal partner
Impacts your search and matches
|Age||51 years old||45 - 60 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - West, NSW||AUSTRALIA|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Large-ish, Athletic, A bit overweight, Average|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Separated, Single, Widowed, Divorced|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children living at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours, Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, No strong beliefs, Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Non-drinker||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||Other special diet||Other special diet, No special diet, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Manufacturing / Industrial / Engineering|
What I'm looking for
Someone who is.... thoughtful of their own and others wellbeing, with a strong appreciation of the natural world and a social conscience, is open and respectful, at least a little playful, can cook a wholesome dinner and has their own friends and interests.
- Male, for a relationship, friendship or companionship
- A few examples: light classical, Van Morrison, Norah Jones, Leonard Cohen, Mumford and Sons, Gypsy Kings, Anoushka Shanka, Gurumul...generally a bit more on the acoustic and folk side.
- Love to unwind with a book - maybe natural history, social justice or historical fiction. Love talking books on a long road trip. The SMH on a Saturday is a rare treat.
- Movies & TV
- Mostly ABC TV & Radio National - for news ¤t affairs & pleasure. Love iview. Rake and Redfern Now were last years highlights. Definitely prefer BBC to US TV. A whodunnit or QI for light relief. Thought-provoking movies (not blockbusters) and someone to chew the fat with afterwards.
- Casual cycling, bushwalking, yoga, walking, snorkelling, kayaking. Not into organised or spectator sports, but summer wouldn't sound the same without the cricket commentary on someone's radio. Dancing might be fun. A little scuba diving (in the tropics).
- Other Interests
- Natural history, current affairs and human rights, horticulture, natural health and nutrition, environmental and social activism, organic and sustainable agriculture, farmers markets and other kinds of markets, a little theatre....
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if SilverWattle is online now.
- Get to know SilverWattle safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 18 Jun '13