I've worked on my profile, but I'm still looking for that nudge.
Independent, charismatic, thoughtful, active, adventurous, really nice guy is looking for a fantastic girl to get to know in the hope that I find someone who makes my world spin in all the right ways.
I am a person of many interests and I am naturally curious about the world and people which leads to a very interesting life (*not including drugs or anything disturbed).
I'm a little bit of a nerd but it wouldn't be right to categorise me as such. I don't live with my parents, I am aware of social cues and mores and I live a balanced, healthy life. I did study a field of engineering and completed a PhD in a topic that is very helpful if you need help getting to sleep. Over many years I have been a teacher of sorts being a tutor, a lecturer and in leadership positions. Since 2008 I have been self-employed in engineering and software development projects. I really enjoy working for myself even with its unique demands.
Part of that life I am enjoying is getting outside. I've always liked hiking but I do it so much more often now that I'm a Tasmanian. I also love mountain bike riding. I'm not a gym junkie but I do have a fitness regime that I keep. I would prefer to meet a person who is compatible with a fairly active lifestyle.
I come across as a quiet person but I do talk (and talk) and love good conversation.
I haven't done a lot of travel but did live in China for some time. Travel isn't at the top of my priority list but as an adventurous spirit I would be up for it.
I also have a creative streak that comes out in various ways.
At a glance
|Summary||Smilelikeyoumeanit's details||Smilelikeyoumeanit's ideal partner|
|Age||36 years old||28 - 36 yrs old|
|Location||Hobart, TAS||within 50km of Hobart 7000|
|Body type||Athletic||Slim, Athletic|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||5'5/165 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
A person at ease with themselves and their expectations from life. Basically, be nice to people, considerate and not boring.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I'm partial to an 80's fix here and there. In the car I am happy to put the radio on anything that isn't advertisements, almost anything. I play the piano reasonably well and the guitar less well but improving. Can't sing for crap but I'll break out here and there.
- Fiction: Last series read was Harry Potter, I studied literature in year 12 and read widely until I started doing research. Non-fiction: Science and technology journals, history of cultures (Geoffrey Blainey was good), anything to do with the origins of man and lots more.
- Movies & TV
- I think I watch too many movies. I do like a good sci-fi (surprise!) but like a range of well made movies. Recently enjoyed Intouchables and Bourne Legacy. I like comedy (loved The Goodies growing up). Not into vampires. Homeland, Game of Thrones, Mythbusters, Documentaries.
- When I first moved to Tassie I started playing tennis but it has become an oldies game it seems. It's great for conversation, not so great for sport. I've been doing heaps of hiking and a bit of mountain bike riding. On my own I won't watch sport but I've been into most sports at some stage.
- Other Interests
- Growing up I had a grandfather and step-father who were both handymen. I've caught that bug and like tinkering around the house, repairing things, generally doing stuff with my hands. Good with technology and also have an interest in cars.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Smilelikeyoumeanit is online now.
- Get to know Smilelikeyoumeanit safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 24 May '13