Five things I've learnt from Internet dating:
1. Everyone here is 'down to earth', so I'm starting to think that's our problem. Maybe John Paul Young was right all along.
2. Women say they want a man who always makes them laugh. Ladies, have you really thought that through? 'Always' means even when his pants come off.
3. Dating was a lot simpler when we were young. You liked someone, you asked them out, you got married, you went through a painful and messy divorce. Now we're all comparing profiles, personalities, pets, politics... Too confusing! Look, just tell me you didn't vote in this government, and we can work the rest out later.
4. Online Cupid has a sense of humour. I may not have met my soulmate, but I have, unwittingly, met my neighbour from across the street, and a bridesmaid from my wedding 20 years ago. True story.
5. Single people have no idea how to sell themselves. As I am demonstrating right now.
Okay, some stuff about me:
Seeing a husband praise his wife, or a wife gush about her husband, always moves me. Why is it so rare?
My idea of dating is no sex or anything leading to sex. I'm told that isn't really dating at all. Fine, let's call it getting to know each other BEFORE the love drug disables all ability to reason!
My idea of marriage is lots of sex and things leading to sex.
My idea of romance isn't an elaborate event or extravagant gift. It's cuddling in the kitchen, a stolen kiss, a knowing glance, or just laughing and having fun together. It's everyday spontaneity. Little things that say 'I like being with you'.
My idea of love is to regard your partner's needs before your own.
If you'd like to chat, show me you've read my profile by solving the following riddle!
Stamp your feet!
No kiss will meet the
Need to text
And clues come next, so
Search, but first you must read back!
At a glance
|Summary||SoulmateScout's details||SoulmateScout's ideal partner|
|Age||41 years old||30 - 44 yrs old|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, Slim, Average|
|Height||5'11/180 cm||at most 5'11/180 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Religion||Born Again Christian||Born Again Christian, Anglican, Other Christian|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Job role||Business Owner|
What I'm looking for
I'm seeking a partner for life. She's smart and spiritual and compassionate and cute, and really just the most loveable person I've not yet met. And when we do meet, she'll think I'm all these wonderful things too, though I'll not fully understand why.
- Female, for a relationship, dating or friendship
- I own an eclectic song collection and play the lot on shuffle. It's never a dull (or particularly coherent) listening experience.
- I do like to read: fiction, science, spirituality, relationships, cereal boxes... and yes, even dating profiles! I don't just look at the pretty pictures. BUT let's be honest, there has to be physical attraction too (both ways), so if you contact me, please include your photos.
- Movies & TV
- I like the TV most when it's turned off. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good movie as much as the next guy... but if your TV is on more-or-less constantly, I really don't think it's going to work out for us.
- I'd rather play than watch: swimming, body surfing, martial arts, tennis, basketball, cycling, pool... you name it and I'll beat you at it. (Bonus points if you can accept such a challenge with reciprocal bravado!)
- Other Interests
- Rain on a tin roof and fried eggs with bacon, Feelings of love when they're stirred and not shaken, Crisp autumn air with the sun on my skin, These are a few of my... ah, you know the rest.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if SoulmateScout is online now.
- Get to know SoulmateScout safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 16 Sep '14