Music loving non princess with slightly nerdy bent
So what am I all about? Those who don't know me say I'm a fairly reserved person, though good friends sometimes find that difficult to believe. Adjectives used to describe me have included quiet, loud, quirky, down-to-earth, amusing and intelligent. I like some time to myself but too much time on my own has me craving good company. Or talking to the dog way too much. For me a great Saturday night could just as easily consist of staying home with good company and a book or DVD as going out for a bite to eat, seeing a great band and enjoying a few tasty beverages.
I'm definitely more of a geek girl than a princess, and if I have to go shopping would rather spend my time looking for CDs or curios than clothes or shoes. On holiday I prefer exploring sights and sounds than lying on a beach, though happy to do that too with the right company. I've travelled a fair bit but never intend to stop exploring, and to find a partner in crime to join me on adventures would be fantastic. Intelligent conversation, an interest in the obscure, an attractive mind and caring soul are important to me. Anything else is a bonus.
At a glance
|Summary||Twisterella's details||Twisterella's ideal partner|
|Age||38 years old||33 - 42 yrs old|
|Location||ACT, ACT||within 100km of Canberra 2600|
|Height||5'8/172 cm||at least 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Relationship status||Single||Separated, Single, Widowed, Divorced|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aries Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
Someone who can find some commonality with my profile, but also enough points of difference to keep it interesting
- Male, for a relationship, dating or friendship
- Life needs a soundtrack. No R&B or death metal, but beyond that my tastes are fairly broad, with a general indie/JJJ bent. All time faves include The Dresden Dolls, Bloc Party, Sisters of Mercy, Beastie Boys, Dropkick Murphys, Ride & Muse. Also a sucker for anything with a cello or bagpipes!
- I'll read just about anything if it captures me, though these days tends to be more non-fiction - history, science, travel. More inclined to have favourite books than authors. Loved "Quiet"; currently reading about the neuroscience of music.
- Movies & TV
- No particular genres. Longstanding favourites include Princess Bride, Lost in Translation, Lord of the Rings, Children of Men, Black Rain, Firefly/Serenity, and The Great Escape. TV is mainly ABC or SBS docos, with a bit of Qi, Gruen, and foodie travel (eg Anthony Bourdain).
- Play mixed indoor sports twice weekly with varying degrees of success. Walk my dog daily, but not a gym bunny. Ride my bike for pleasure not pain. Happy to spectate at most things, but don't watch much sport on TV beyond F1.
- Other Interests
- Love travelling; went to South America last winter and currently deciding on next destination. Regular visits to Sydney to catch up with friends and family, see gigs or for work. Also like day trips out of town, philosophical debates and lazy Sunday breakfasts.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if Twisterella is online now.
- Get to know Twisterella safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 20 May '13