make wine not war !
ginger-ninja/pirate concoction for life, and lovin'it.
im South African born (Cape Town) and moved to NZ when i was 15. there i finished my schooling and went on to study viniculture (grape growing and winemaking). after uni i spent a few years travelling and working in various wine regions of the world, and it really expanded my mind. recently i moved to Canberra to take up an assistant winemaker postion at a neat little winery out Murrumbateman way.
i enjoy being active and look forward to joining local sport clubs. i also enjoy the outdoors and look forward to venturing to the coast for a surf and to the mountains to cycle a few tracks and do a bit of fishing. im also eager to crank the local arts and culture of Canberra (plus Sydney and Melbourne) too.
family is also important to me, as too maintaining a solid network of good friends. i love hosting dinner parties and sampling beers and wine - cooking is a great way to express ones care for mates. i also enjoy pets - though horses make me a bit nervous (and goats too when theyre trying to eat the pants im wearing).
despite "settling down" to full time employment, travelling is also still very important to me. i intend to continue going overseas every couples years or so, and perhaps one of these days i will be able to speak a touch of french. ive couchsurfed extensively, as well as hosted folk from CS.
i strum the guitar now and then, though my singing leaves much to be desired (earplugs included).
being non-judgemental and relaxed/naturally-ones-self are traits i think are key. a bright smile, honesty, and a heart for adventure are handy too.
At a glance
Click on the details below to edit
WineGuySLC's ideal partner
Impacts your search and matches
|Age||29 years old||25 - 33 yrs old|
|Location||ACT, ACT||within 25km of Canberra 2600|
|Body type||Athletic||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
someone with local knowledge and some worldly sense; dedicated and passionate to what they love, but not consumed by it; someone natural, open-minded and open-handed; looking for new horizons but also happy with their own backyard. someone who enjoys a glass of wine, and occasional candlelit dinners
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- a real range from reggae (Peter Tosh), rock (Spin Doctors, Foo Fighters), and classical (Bocelli), to real old school like Bob Dylan & Neil Young. i guess im taken by music that isnt just songs on an album, but explorations of sound eg Radiohead. im currently listening to "in our gun" by Gomez.
- was 100% fiction, then uni hit and i was 100% textbook. am pushing to find a good balance now. authors in last 5years include George R.R Martin, Dahl, Sartre, Maugham, Attenborough, Tom Sharpe, Coates MW, Steinbeck, (perhaps even some Shakespear??). currenly reading "catch-22" and "cloud atlas"
- Movies & TV
- Mrs Browns Boys is great. usually rather watch good movies or a documentary. i range from western, to horror (especially old classics eg Night of the Living Dead) to psychological movies like Mr Brooks & 2001: Space Oddysey, then action like 300 & Predator, or drama like Sideways and Love Actually.
- lookn to join a soccer club in the winter season, and a squash club soon too. will hit the surf all year - just need buy a board. look forward to having another go at snowboarding, and also some fishing, hiking, and cycling too. & i enjoy chess - dont be fooled, chess is a contact sport!
- Other Interests
- despite my two left feet (and several phantom right ones) im still keen to have a go at learning salsa or bolero or something along those lines. massage. id also like to take up a martial art. i play guitar. beer. i enjoy travel. l R learning french. making pancakes, pizza, and other delicious foods
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if WineGuySLC is online now.
- Get to know WineGuySLC safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: