I'm tactile and sensuous and looking for just one man whose eyes light up when I walk into the room, he will be my equal and more. I live in Canberra for now.
I would like my eyes to light up when I see him too.
I hope you might be interested in International and current affairs, the human condition, you will love your family...and hopefully, eventually me.
I hope you will be confident, secure in yourself and capable. I hope to feel cared for, loved and protected. That will bring out the best in me and you will get a partner who loves and cares for you too. My headline used to say,I am tactile & sensuous and even though it's true it attracted the wrong sort of attention
I have close links to Canberra.
I am a retired lobbyist, if its ever possible to retire. I tend towards logic rather than faith. I am interested in law and legal reasoning, I have a forensic mind but I am not obsessive about things I believe in.
I will love you "Just the way you are", I'm ashamed to say I heard that from Bridget Jones.
I am interested in most things, I have travelled extensively.
I love the ocean, being on it, looking at it, watching whales or snorkeling anything to do with it. I never get sea sick not ever, even in the roughest sea... love it. I hope my life will be about writers and film festivals, reading newspapers cover to cover in coffee shops, or doing nothing at all.
Buddhist philosophy interests me. An unexamined life is ........Please don't worry, I'm no hippy.
I'm philosophical about finding a life partner but, as Brutus said-There is a tide in the affairs of men....
I was born in England and I have a humor gene that gets me through almost everything. ( I promise I'll make you smile :). I don't have a north country accent unless I've been speaking with cousins who live there or unless I'm on a visit to the UK, then, my English accent returns. I think Woody Allen defined it as a "Zelig" complex.
At a glance
|Summary||acitygirl5's details||acitygirl5's ideal partner|
|Age||62 years old||52 - 65 yrs old|
Sydney City, NSW
|Within 50km of her|
|Height||5'7/170 cm||at least 5'6/167 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Separated, Divorced, Single, Widowed|
|Have children||Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
A strong, independent thinking man who I can respect for his view of the world and the way he sees himself in it.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- From Queen and Freddy Mercury to the New York Met Opera. I loved the Met streamed through Dendy and saw Carmen twice it was so good. I love slow soulful jazz too. Empire State of Mind - Jay Zee and Amy Winehouse much to my daughter's amusement.
- SMH, non fiction, currently reading the Rise and fall of the House of Bo and The Tipping point. Loved The Mind that Changes Itself. David Marr, the Sydney writers festival. Andrew Denton asked Joan Rivers what she looked for in a man, she said...... "A pulse" - that's not all I'm after
- Movies & TV
- Arthouse and anything thought provoking. Q & A, The Insiders, Norman Swan, Philip Adams. Woody Allan, Mike Leigh, The Cook, His Wife etc and anything with Brenda Bletham, Helen Mirren, Maggie Smith. Ted talks, Chinese cinema 2046, Raise the Red Lanterns and Zhang Yimou.
- I try to swim at least 1km a day. I find sport confusing and I'm not really interested in it. My English cousin said that she finds it pointless watching all those men chasing after one ball when we could just give them one each....................:)
- Other Interests
- I'm interested in Chinese politics. Love India, I lived there for a year. I have visited Tibetan communities in India several times. I'm happy in a tent or 5 star hotel. I tell friends I am looking for a man with a brain and a boat but I'll settle for brain and frisson.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if acitygirl5 is online now.
- Get to know acitygirl5 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 31 Jul '14