Caution: May contain small parts
I was born in Adelaide, then studied in Sydney, worked in various theatres across Australia, moved to Scotland for two years, and finally came to Melbourne in search of new adventures. Having been here a few years (and committing to a cat and a 24 month internet contract), I now call this beautiful city home.
Finding a home hasn't lessened my love of travel and I try and find a new adventure as often as possible (I recently visited Europe for 3 months where I spent the days in galleries and theatres and walking around cities exploring until I literally wore a hole in my boots).
I work in the Arts and Film in a variety of guises so I love great storytelling in all its forms. However, I'm certainly not a culture snob- I love action films along with films of (actual) substance and would choose to watch Jurassic Park or The Princess Bride with a hot cuppa on a rainy day over pretty much anything else I can think of. I even wrote my thesis on Jim Henson's Storyteller series, Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.
I have an incredible community of friends in Melbourne (and across the world due to my jet-setting ways). I feel lucky to know so many great people and to get to spend time with people that make me laugh, challenge me to think or just are happy to eat chocolate/ down a bottle of wine with me if the need arises.
I'm looking for someone kind, smart and passionate to discover a new adventure with!
At a glance
|Summary||annajulia's details||annajulia's ideal partner|
|Age||34 years old||27 - 40 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - City, VIC|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
What I'm looking for
I don't have a "type" and I certainly haven't got a checklist, but it would be great to find a smart and fun man that loves their life as much as I love mine. If you're interested, get in touch!
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I have a newfound love for Sigur Ros, Ben Folds Five, Beck and Cake after Harvest last weekend, Hot Chip, LCD Soundsystem, Robyn, Rodriguez,The Tallest Man on Earth, Nina Simone, Paul SImon, Bowie, Kimbra, Jenelle Monae, Washington
- Great Expectations, Cloud Street, Breathe, City of Angels, Curious Incident, The Princess Bride, Spike Milligan, Malcolm Gladwell, Tom Stoppard, Steve Martin (his plays and novels are great), Anthony Minghella, Terry Pratchett, The Neverending Story, One for the Money, No 1 Ladies Detective Agency
- Movies & TV
- The Princess Bride, Breaking Bad, Battlestar Gallactica, Moonrise Kingdom, Searching for Sugarman, ParaNorman, Arrested Development, Firefly, Waitress, Extras, Dexter, Adaptation, Labyrinth and all other Henson, Pina, Black Books, The Goodies, Buffy, Flight of the Concords, Spaced, Fringe.
- I enjoy swimming and going to the gym, but not a huge sports watching person (unless you count dance as a sport...)
- Other Interests
- Hot food- spicy curries and soups (yum), red wine in winter and a cider in summer, great theatre, watching dance and dancing with friends into the wee hours of the morning, films and DVDs, dinosaurs (my girly side is balanced with a healthy love of T-Rexes).
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if annajulia is online now.
- Get to know annajulia safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 24 Mar '13