The cheeky British wanderboy settling in Melbourne
I left a small island in the UK a little while ago, changing my British accent a little by living a few years in inner east of Melbourne.
With a new Australian passport in hand I decided to leave for a bit and spent almost 2 years travelling around Asia, Europe & Central/South America - twice - living in Argentina & Guatemala to learn a new language, hike up some mountains, and generally avoid anything too worrysome :)
Finding myself eventually back in Australia and feeling like a bit of a change of scene I checked out Manly for a while, learned to surf, then came back to Melb's cafes, bars, and most importantly my friends, where I cannot surf.
I've got plenty of varied work that that keeps me busy (and helps me travel a little). So whilst I'm not getting bored one bit of being here or of my awesome friends, I am looking for someone nice to be extra nice back to.
I still get away - most recently to Asia to travel and volunteer over xmas/new year.
Luckily for me I'm nowhere near broke yet and although I have a mixed accent, hopefully at least whomever reads this can see I spell OK!
It would be really nice to meet someone would potentially like to explore with me some more, sometime - this doesn't mean full time!
Someone to share some nice food & wine with, someone who maybe likes checking out live music, someone to go away with on weekends at the last minute & either walk up a mountain, camp, or relax in a comfy bed; someone & to do things that I don't want to do with my (mainly 'couple') friends!
I actually am quite good at reading, writing, listening, watching, walking, drinking [maybe I shouldn't advertise this] & travelling alone. But someone to share with could be nice.
At a glance
|Summary||britishbennyboy's details||britishbennyboy's ideal partner|
|Age||36 years old||25 - 35 yrs old|
Melbourne - City, VIC
|within 10km of Fitzroy 3065|
|Body type||Average||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|Height||5'8/172 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Separated|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Personality||Social||Private, Social, Average, Very Social|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aries Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
An honest & down to earth girl with a sense of humour. Someone spontaneous maybe. Someone who would like to be a potential travel partner, at some point. Someone to share a bottle of wine with. Someone who can challenge me & tell me to stop being cheeky or making bad jokes when I need to be told..
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Yep - funk, soul, jazzy, blues, roots, dub, breaks, psy, house, world, chilled, folk, live variety. I've don't go anywhere without my I-Pod & a smile. Local gigs, less DJ's these days. Yearly a 4-day dance festival in January. Less often a random festival on a tiny island in the Caribbean.
- Here are my most recent: Travelers Tales - ABC's Foreign Correspondents, The Snow Leopard, (Nepal to Tibet), and something like 'Intermediate Spanish' (stolen); The Place at the End of the World; Madness Visible; Chasing the Flowers of Paradise; The Beats of India.
- Movies & TV
- TV is usually complete rubbish - I love going to the movies though. The last DVD was 180 degrees South, about a trip down the west coast of central/sth america. Movies: Into the Wild, The Way Back, 7 Years in Tibet, The Constant Gardener. Breaking Bad has now finished :(.
- Hiking, diving, cycling, tennis, running (only with some good tunes), surfing!, yoga, cricket & watching (England, not Australia!). Overtaking cars and trams on my vespa! Being cheeky.
- Other Interests
- Trying to speak Spanish. Trying to dance Spanish. Dance festivals. BBQ's - that's why I came to this country of course. Getting on planes. Volunteering. Learning about the world. Meeting new people. Photos of all things. Yep I have other interests too. Hopefully they can include you?
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if britishbennyboy is online now.
- Get to know britishbennyboy safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 11 Mar '14