The cheeky British wanderboy in Melbourne
After leaving the UK & living in Melbourne, my friends at home started to tell me I sounded very strange. My friends here tell me they can't understand me either - I can't win. Hopefully at least whomever reads this can see I spell OK!
A few years on, Australian passport in hand I decide to leave for a bit. I end up in Asia, Europe & Central/South America - twice. This trip takes about a year and a half.
Back in Australia and feeling like a bit of a change of scene I found myself happily in Manly over summer/autumn. I've now realised I can even almost surf ..which is no longer useful, realising that Melb's cafes, bars, back-alleys - and most importantly my friends - is home.
I've got plenty of varied work that that keeps me busy, and whilst I'm not getting bored one bit of being here or of my awesome friends, I am looking to try to settle. I have historically often escaped overseas for a while, convincing work for that bit of extra time, to go walk up some large hills in Nepal or to parts Asia, or to volunteer for instance. My last trip I took a little longer than any employer would allow - luckily I'm nowhere near broke yet.
It would be really nice to meet someone who hasn't ruled out travelling a bit more, sometime - but is also looking to potentially slow down a bit. Someone to share some nice food & wine with (I don't just drink in pubs), someone who maybe likes music, someone to go away with on weekends at the last minute & either walk up a mountain, camp, or relax in a spa with; someone & to do things that I don't want to do with my (mainly 'couple') friends! I actually am quite good at reading, writing, listening, watching, walking, drinking [maybe I shouldn't advertise this] & travelling alone. But someone special to share with could be better.
At a glance
|Summary||britishbennyboy's details||britishbennyboy's ideal partner|
|Age||36 years old||25 - 35 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - City, VIC (Fitzroy)||within 10km of Fitzroy 3065|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Athletic, Average|
|Height||5'8/172 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Separated|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own, Undecided|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Private, Social, Average|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aries Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
An honest & down to earth girl with a sense of humour. Someone spontaneous maybe. Someone who would like to be a potential travel partner, at some point. Someone to share a bottle of wine with. Someone who can challenge me & tell me to stop being cheeky or making bad jokes when I need to be told..
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Yep - funk, soul, jazzy, blues, roots, dub, breaks, psy, house, world, chilled, folk, live variety. I've don't go anywhere without my I-Pod & a smile. Local gigs, less DJ's these days. Yearly a 4-day dance festival in VIC. Less often a dance festival on a tiny island in the Caribbean.
- Having just come back from full time travel-induced-reading, there is too much to put down, so I will list the last few books I read: Travellers Tales - ABC's Foreign Correspondents, The Snow Leopard (Nepal to Tibet), and something like 'Intermediate Spanish' (stolen along with bag in S America).
- Movies & TV
- TV is usually complete rubbish - I love going to the movies though. The last DVD was 180 degrees South, about a trip down the west coast of central/sth america by boat, up a mountain, via surf spots. Movies: Into the Wild, The Way Back, 7 Years in Tibet, Trance. Shows: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones.
- I'm outdoors as much as possible to keep fit, explore and meet new people e.g. hiking up mountains, diving, cycling, tennis, running (ideally on the beach with some good tunes), surfing, yoga, golf, cricket & watching (I'll always support England in the cricket, just so you know.). Being cheeky.
- Other Interests
- Trying to become fluent in Spanish. Trying to dance Spanish to become coordinated! BBQ's - that's why I came to this country of course. Getting on planes. Volunteering. Learning about the world. Meeting new people. Photos of all things. Yep I have other interests too. Hopefully they can include you?
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if britishbennyboy is online now.
- Get to know britishbennyboy safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 23 May '13