This is the greatest and best headline in the world (tribute).
Well here's to trying to describe myself.
I work during the week, as a mild-mannered consultant in the property industry, a job that is nothing if not not boring. Other than that, throughout the week I (enjoy) go to the gym, for what I guess could be described as enhanced interrogation.
I enjoy hanging out with friends, going to dinner, the movies, playing golf. Love getting comfortable at a restaurant with a bottle of wine or three and talking about whatever - it doesn't matter whether it's movies, music, tv, politics, philosophy or Simpsons and Lord of the Rings quotes.
I guess that brings me to another point, I love genuine intelligent conversation.
And then we get to what I like to do on my holidays. After an almost accidental Inca Trail trek in 2005, I became a huge fan of trekking. Or more specifically, getting out of the tourbus and exploring this great world of ours. I blame my childhood obsession with Tintin and Indiana Jones. Although I must admit my last trip involved a promise to myself (as I was losing feeling in my hands while clinging to the side of a mountain in New Zealand) that my next holiday would involve being no further than ten feet away from a deck chair and a wet bar. At the same time however, I got to see a mountain range from high up as the sun broke upon it. One of the most beautiful scenes I've ever had the fortune to witness. And proof that in order to see something truly wonderful you must put yourself out of your comfort zone. The paradox of travel I s'pose.
So yeah, apart from thinking too much about stuff, I am hoping to meet someone who isn't afraid of really getting out into the world, and who loves to laugh, and is just generally interested in things.
At a glance
Click on the details below to edit
burleigh82's ideal partner
Impacts your search and matches
|Age||30 years old||25 - 32 yrs old|
|Location||Gold Coast, QLD||within 100km of Burleigh Heads 4220|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Sagittarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Degree||Diploma, Post Graduate, Degree|
What I'm looking for
I'm looking for someone who is interested in stuff, who loves to laugh, and who loves to have a good conversation over a bottle of wine. Who loves music, and who is willing to explore this amazing world around us... Passionate is the word I think I'm chasing.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- 300 Characters. Makes it difficult. Radiohead, Muse, Jeff Buckley, Elbow, Laura Marling, Tribes, Enter Shikari, Tchaikovsky, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, White Stripes, Bob Dylan, the Doors, the Verve, Chopin, Fela Kuti, Chemical Brothers, Bloc Party etc etc etc...
- Just started Blood Meridian. I find it hard to believe that a writing style can make Hemingway look like a little girl. Other than that, Hunter S Thomson, 1984, Catch 22, Catcher in the Rye, Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Shakespeare, Tolstoy, existentialists, beatniks, the mad, the hysterical...
- Movies & TV
- Don't watch much tv, but I do loves me some comedy; It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Family Guy, the Colbert Report, SNL, Peep Show, QI, Monty Python, the Mighty Boosh. Favourite series are normally HBO related, like Deadwood, GOT. Movies: Lost in Translation, LOTR, Fear & Loathing, Children of Me
- Although I love watching soccer, especially Arsenal, I do like the NRL, and when the State of Origin comes around I enjoy making snarky comments about NSW on facebook. I'm looking at having a crack at the half marathon this year. It's been five years since the last one...
- Other Interests
- Travel. My next trip broke my record of concept to booking of four days. Other than that, there is playing guitar (in my own undeniably idiosynchratic (ie. not very good) style), art - both impressionism and expressionism, architecture, trekking, photography, history, learning random stuff...
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if burleigh82 is online now.
- Get to know burleigh82 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: