Hoping to meet someone who I click with and it's just... simple.
I'm a born and bred Sydney girl, going between the Inner West and the Blue Mts these days. I will be permanently back in Sydney by November. I am in the final semester of my degree and am excited to soon be closing that chapter - though maybe not for long as I am considering post-grad courses currently.
I'm ambitious and while my career is still only in its early stages, I am excited about my prospects and have lots I want to achieve.
A bit about me... I am intellectual, quirky, and sweet, a bit of a neat freak, and not always on time, but i'm working on this :) I can be quite introspective and philosophical, but also have a silly side.
My biggest love in life is film, and I could spend hours talking about this subject. Haneke and Herzog get me going, and Wong Kar Wai's cinematography takes my breath away (by the way, it's all good if you don't know who these people are!).. You know who the Coen bros are though, right?!!
I'm not one for big crowds or hectic nights out (occasional). I like unpretentious dinner parties with close friends, good conversation, going to the movies, walks, swimming and hanging out at the beach, going to cafes, perusing markets, reading and writing, exercising, cooking healthy vegetarian food, and anything that makes me laugh! I like to spend my time with people who are self-aware, thoughtful, and giving.
At a glance
|Summary||celluloidbaby's details||celluloidbaby's ideal partner|
|Age||29 years old||28 - 38 yrs old|
Sydney City, NSW
|Within 10km of her|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
No dramas. Someone kind, warm, comfortable with emotions, tolerant, excited, with good communication skills, and open to a long-term relationship. And friendly to waitstaff! Um, cute and playful is also good. Racism and homophobia are big no-no's but that should be obvious right. Chemistry is key.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Air, Radiohead, Pixies, Antony & Johnsons, Augie March, The Band, The Drones, Beastie Boys, Beck, Tori Amos, Sufjan Stevens, Martha Wainwright, Sigur Ros, The Shins, Autre Ne Veut, Nick Cave, The Knife, M.I.A., Jeff Buckley, Joanna Newsom, Cat Power, Grimes...
- Non-fiction mostly. Film theory, screenplays; philosophy, ethics. Also really enjoy true crime and psychology books. Don't read so many novels these days, but love Jonathan Franzen, Paul Auster, Helen Garner, John Le Carre, Sylvia Plath, to name a few.
- Movies & TV
- Um. I'm really nerdy when it comes to movies. A few favourites: The Departed, 25th Hour, Vertigo, Mulholland Drive, The Piano, Godfather. Love documentaries and early cinema. I like TV to relax: The Office (both), Family Guy, Boardwalk Empire, Louie, GoT. Very impressed by True Detective recently.
- Generally I like to stay fit by going to the gym, though changes in my recent circumstances have made that impossible for a few months. Enjoy tennis, soccer (though I'm hopeless), bush walking, swimming. Being active and healthy is important to me.
- Other Interests
- Travel! I haven't had much opportunity lately, but I'm keen to go exploring when the time is right. Previously, I lived in Cairo for 6 months, travelled through Central America, and visited Italy and Greece. Lots more to see! I also enjoy design, contemporary art, chai tea and learning about cities.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if celluloidbaby is online now.
- Get to know celluloidbaby safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: